Author Topic: Walsall Rd Open Day  (Read 8578 times)

pumkinlover

Re: Walsall Rd Open Day
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 09:49:30 »
You are welcome to put the pictures up you   ANDShirl took of our little group on the track Betty -unless anyone else minds ;) ;) ;) ;)

GFT- I'm glad Trinity ok! At least they will want to come again :)

Our trains were all on time and we wer met by OH's

xAnne

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 11:31:19 »
Sounds like it was a super day and I must admit to being a little envious of you all seeing the site and meeting lovely A4A’s.  :)

Hope Trinity is well on the way to recovery.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Growing4twins

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 13:33:09 »
Hey guys thanks so much for all of the best wishes, I thought i would show you what all of the fuss was about

Thank god the tounge heals fast!! hasnt stopped her chatting away @ meal times though!!

How im suppost to keep this clean & dry till @ least wednesday is beyond me, its already filthy & it hasnt been on 4 24 hours yet!!  Well its not slowing her down or stopping her doing all the daft stuff she usually does :D
Is loving how the twins are really getting into planting seeds this year!  two for the price of one!! :D http://i46.tinypic.com/zy7ww8.jpg[/img]

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 13:35:50 »
Ah poor little mite
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 17:26:11 »
Well I'm finally back in the land of the living!  I was so tired when I got back yesterday that I couldn't find the energy to write anything.

It really was lovely meeting A4Aers again yesterday and I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves.  I am thrilled when people from the forum come to our allotments, and even more thrilled when they come back for another visit.  :)

Poor little Trinity, what a horrible thing to happen to her.  Hope she is healing up nicely now.  Did it happen in the playground in the park outside the allotments?  It's a shame you didn't have my mobile number because one of our stallholders is a doctor and I'm sure would have helped.

Our treasurer is still adding up how much we made but I'll let you all know as soon as he's done it.  I don't think we had as many customers as other years and I am wondering if a Sunday would be better next year.  We will have to have a meeting and see what the others think.  Once I've got the total I'll put pictures up on the website.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 20:12:01 »
Sounds like it was a super day and I must admit to being a little envious of you all seeing the site and meeting lovely A4A’s.  :)

Hope Trinity is well on the way to recovery.

yes it was a special day and what a bonus meeting a4a ers and putting faces to names.  Great to meet and share experiences.  Sorry to hear about Trinity's injury.  Hope she gets over it fast.  Thank you for the guided tour Betty and the pepper seeds.  And Norman too.

Great place and lovely company, thanks so much.  Hubby loved the banana fruit cake and lemon curd cake I brought back too.  Shirley's exquisite glass art will make nice presents.  

Thanks to all.   :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 20:20:36 by galina »

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Walsall Rd Open Day - Result
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 17:54:35 »
We made £1418 despite having fewer customers than other years.  It will be divided equally between Macmillan and County Air Ambulance.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Walsall Rd Open Day - Result
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 17:59:32 »
Good result indeed!  Shame there were fewer people than other years.  Even the weather cooperated. 

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 18:06:23 »
Glad you all had a great time and very worthy causes indeed.   ;D ;D  :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

pumkinlover

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 18:07:33 »
Good result indeed :) :) :)

anything