Author Topic: Recommend a digging Fork Please?  (Read 2283 times)

PeterVV

• Half Acre
Recommend a digging Fork Please?
« on: December 10, 2011, 20:30:45 »
Mine has bent tynes and Father Christmas is coming soon, want a good strong fork please....

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Recommend a digging Fork Please?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 21:10:32 »
I bought a Bulldog fork with last years Christmas vouchers ;).  Cost £34 from B&Q but can cost  up to around £40.  Tines are supposed to be guaranteed for life.  Having had 4 previous ones, this has certainly been the best for me.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Poolcue

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 21:50:32 »
My wife bought me a contractors fork from B&Q for christmas last year and I have not managed to break it yet so I recommend that one.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 22:10:14 »
We have two Spear & Jackson Neverbend forks - a full size and a border fork, and they're (apparently) indestructible.

I agree about Bulldog, which is an excellent brand.  You might also look at Wilkinson Sword if you prefer stainless, although stainless will never be as strong as good carbon steel.  Well, not at economic prices, anyway.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 19:24:34 »
Mine was a fiver from the market; solid steel, heavy, and unbreakable. Keep your eyes opem, you never know what you're going to find.

alexE

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 18:12:44 »
i've got a Friskars power fork which i haven't broken yet (and i break them for a passtime)

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 18:40:16 »

Bulldog is the brand chosen by the Queen   (good old Crowfoot brand) to give to her troops in married quarters, so you cannot argue with that. ::)

How about a tattie fork, they are difficult to find and I think would be appreciated.    ;D     Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 20:14:14 »
I have broken so  many but now realise you need a normal(steel)  fork for digging things out but save your stainless steel for digging over. I've been buying Joseph Bentely tools in last few years and been pleased with the quality. I've gone No-dig now so only use occasionally.

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 21:16:26 »
Still got my Dads in the shed and use it from time to time . Type in preloved tools people  getting rid of all types of things bought one 2 years ago it was nearly new £2 local pick up I,ve bought a few battery drills off there as well it does not matter were you life in the country you will find it in your area ;D gives you moe to spend on SEEDS :) ;)
m j gravell

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal