Author Topic: Written warning letter please help  (Read 27724 times)

tony69

• Not So New ...
Re: Written warning letter please help
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 16:48:29 »
well ive had a lovely day today just me and the wind, not a sole came on and i got to enjoy my allotment .

ive been taking out as much veg as i can onions, spuds,  beetroot etc and ive managed to dig almost half my lotty which is good its looking nice and tidy now  suprising how 2 weeks away can give the weeds a chance.

my polly is also clear and ready to plant my winter veg its been a very good day lol..

im just going to sit back and watch the committee  hang them selves dont think they need my help there doing well on there own lol im enjoying my digging

tony

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2011, 20:27:04 »
hi all just a quick one to let you know the committee have hung themselves.

The rest of the plot holders have said enoughs enough, the former committee have gone from changing the rules daily to moving peoples crops as and when they feel to evicting people for no other reason than they want to half there plot size to make smaller plots to double there money.

So a meeting has been held and there off ,a new committee has been put in there place and are trying to sort out all the mess they've left.

New fair rules new constitution just for starters slow but sure we hope.

I have been appointed secretary which has been a little of a shock as im fairly new to all this but ill give it my best.

The old committee are not happy but its all been done legal and above board so its just a matter of fighting for books etc and any other paper work they have.

So much for keeping my head down lol

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2011, 20:46:06 »
That's good news Tony.

The best way to get change is to be the change

Enjoy your new role :D

pumkinlover

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2011, 21:09:40 »
See recent thread on starting an allotment committee Tony- and all the best!!

Out celebrating ;)?

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2011, 19:22:48 »
congrats on becoming the Secretary!!
You couldn't make it up!

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 21:42:33 »
i feel ive got a lot to learn and fast.

i am willing to learn so hopefully things wont be to bad.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2011, 05:11:11 »
Nice one tone.   ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 18:26:19 »
Now the fun begins!!

If your experience is going to be anything like mine - we're an independent site, too - you've certainly got a lot to learn, and fast. Go for it! Find out everything you can, but move slowly. It sounds like the other lot made things up as they went along, which isn't necessarily the best way!

The good news is, most people will back you because anything's better than the other lot!

Do keep us updated....

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2011, 20:09:48 »
little update.....

We've now been given the thumbs up from the council and have been invited to there next allotment meeting so thats a big plus.

we've also looked at the land that hasn't been sorted and we have now gone from 10 plots to 22 plots without taking any land from our existing plot holders unlike our last committe. we have also made some half plots avalible for people who can't take on a full size plot.

we know its going to be slow but like you say we would rather have it slow and right than make lots of mistakes.

thanks tony

pumkinlover

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2011, 07:53:28 »
So pleased for you :D
Any more q's - keep firing away- someone will answer them :D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 20:13:12 »
One thing Tone, keep the plot holders informed every step of the way, keep them on side, the biggest problem with committees is the secretive streak that comes with the job, it gives the idiots ammunition to nuts stir.   :-X
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2011, 10:13:19 »
hi there

we are trying to keep a very open policy and keeping all plot holders in the loop as much as possible and there helping us and having there say with the  new rules constitution etc. we know we cant please all but i good portion will be nice.

now for a question

our ex chairman turned out to also be a trustee for the site which was a no no by all acounts.
my question is on a council owned site what power does he actually have what would his job intale.
we are trying not to cross swords with him again so early after his removal and we know he will make life hard so if anyone knows what he can stop us doing i would be gratefull.

hope that makes sence

thanks again for all your help it really does make a difference

tony

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 10:57:15 »
I am not clear about the status of the trustees in this situation but the charity commision have quite a lot of info about trustees in general.  They seem to suggest you can be an officer of a charity as well as a trustee.

http://www.comisiwnelusennau.gov.uk/publications/CC3.aspx#b2

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2011, 11:39:17 »
You really need to get copies of all the relevant documents - lease, trust deed and any others to understand the legal structure you have.  If the site is owned by the council, they should be able to provide you with copies.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2011, 13:53:52 »
Can you clarify the situation with the landlord please?  You say your parish council has leased the whole allotment site to an individual?  Is that individual a trustee?  You absolutely must speak to the parish clerk and your local councillors about what's going on.
Tony, this is what I asked you on 1 August.  Have you not done this yet?

If your parish council has leased your allotment site to someone so that they can run the allotments then that person effectively owns the site until the lease comes to an end.  It's not unusual for a council to do this and the site is usually leased to several people jointly with some conditions attached to the lease.  Those individuals own the lease, but they own it for the benefit of others, and that's what a trust is, and those people are often called trustees.

Confusingly all sorts of other people get called trustees, not least the board of management of a charity, but being a trustee doesn't imply charitable status.

Allotment associations that are unincorporated association do not have a legal personality, that is to say, the association can't own land, so an association that wants to lease its own site has two ways of doing it, they either incorporate as an Industrial and Provident Society or something like that, or the association appoints trustees who personally own the lease for the benefit of the tenants.  In this situation it's usual for the trustees to be nominated committee members, though that can be anyone.  It's also not at all unusual for an allotment association to have quite forgotten about the technicalities of how it owns its land and for the original trustees to have died and not replaced.

There's a whole branch of law to do with trusts and it's probably the most complicated law there is.  Trustees have legal responsibilities.

As I suggested to you two months ago, you need to talk to the council and understand the situation.  This chap that you've ousted is quite possibly the lease owner he may not want to resign th responsibility, and the council may not be able to do anything to help.  Without understanding the situation it's not possible to say.

An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2011, 14:12:37 »
hi unwashed

yes we did try to get all the information from the council but they wouldnt talk to us.

The man incharge at the council has since been removed due to not doing said job correct and a new head of allotments has taken his place.
With us being  the new committee and him being new in his job has made things really slow but at least now there moving.

The council have said they will look into the lease and why there is only one trustee when there should be 3 also how he became the trustee in the first place . we do have a copy of the lease but to be honest its very legal in contence and a little over my head.

i was just trying to get a insight while we wait. things are very slow with all councils it seems but it seems it takes 2 weeks to answer one question.

thanks tony

tim41

• Not So New ...
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2011, 16:21:47 »
Hi tony its tray. You know we will get there sooner or later. But I still don't trust them two ( bill and Ben). And you know every one is behind us all the way. We will do it. see you soon.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2011, 19:30:42 »
Hi Tony, PM sent.

Welcome to A4A Tim, good to have you here.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011, 18:22:47 »
hi tray-tim i hope so lol...

im a little slow simon but it should be with you soon mate and thanks.. ;D ;D

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2011, 18:43:22 »
quick question folks

The rules we are using are very standard so's to keep them straight forward and legal, but i do have one rule that bugs me ???

Rule reads as follows......

The committee may terminate with 5 days notice any membership of any member bringing the group into disripute, the member concerned shall have the right to be heard by the committee before a final decision is made. 

The thing is i keep reading it has to be 12 months notice on here or am i getting mixed up.
Surly if you have real problems with some one for unforseen reasons it cant take a year of hell to remove them

im confused  ??? ??? ??? ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal