Author Topic: white black berry  (Read 2367 times)

plainleaf

• Hectare
white black berry
« on: July 24, 2011, 02:45:00 »
success i have found one to take a cutting from.
one more plant for the white edible collection.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: white black berry
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 06:50:40 »
Any chance of an photo when it is in fruit?

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:24:13 »
Do the white fruiting types of berries have as much antioxydants etc.  What is the advantage of white.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 15:41:33 »
I should imagine its only novelty value..it is going to "white edible collection".. ???
What else have you got in that collection?

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 23:08:14 »
the advantage white is it can be used with creams and yogurts without the aide bleaching agents

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying there. I've never even thought of using bleaching agents to remove the colour of fruit.

you evidently have poor imagination
most fruit and veg you can think of.
veg :tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, watermelon, string bean, radish ,beet,ect.
fruit strawberry, raspberry,cherry, plum , peach and several more i can not mention due to processional agreements.

Again this doesn't make sense. Are you using google translate or something? What is a processional agreement and why would it prevent you from mentioning veg?

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 23:27:21 »
that should be professional agreement. in other words. It is nondisclosure  agreement.
I cannot list several types of white veg do to fact I have done work for a seed company that hopes to release them in the future.

bleaching agent is chemical or extract that hides or neutralizes the color of another ingredient, it is the opposite of a colorant or dye you surely have heard of beet root extract the make desserts or sweets red.  

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 23:33:04 by plainleaf »

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:39:30 »
i will only say i have acquired white black berries plants that match description of variety created by Luther Burbank

my white edible collection is an on going project which I got start due to friend having issues with red tomato products but not raw red tomatoes. same issue did not happen with yellows tomato products using the exact same recipes.  next got some white water melon seeds in trade few years back.. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 18:00:28 »
Have some of the posts been removed here, none of the comments seem to flow together so I cant follow it.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 18:15:22 »
Jeannine yes

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 18:31:13 »
Unfortunately moderators don't have the ability to edit posts so those containing gratuitous personal comments and insults have to be removed in their entirety and that spoils the thread for everyone else.

I'd hoped this silly stuff was long gone but it seems old habits are creeping back  :(  This started out as an interesting thread so let's keep it that way please.  Any he said, she said, post hoc justification posts will also be removed.  We're not going back there.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 19:01:08 »
Here's a reminder of Dan's forum rules:

"I have tried to moderate the board with a light hand, and would like to continue to do so .....

However some members are making that difficult, so some rules.

If from this point onwards I am provided with evidence of abusive or inappropriate personal messages the member responsible will be dealt with, possibly resulting in a temporary or permanant ban.
Any inappropriate deviation from a thread topic will be deleted, and consistant deviation by any member may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
Any behaviour designed to attack any member may result in a temporary or permanent ban.

I find it very sad that we have reached this point, but I feel I have been left with no choice.

Please notify me of any post / personal message which you think breaks these rules.

Thanks

Dan"

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:40 »
Thank you for the response. I understand now.

Plainleaf I am very interested in the white stuff, could we perhaps start  the thread again. I would  really like to hear about it.

thank you

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 09:43:42 »
Jeannine as said my earlier post I have acquired seeds and plants for veg and fruit that are not normal white some are not really true white but they could be with a bit breeding  to bad the master of plant breeding passed many years ago.
Luther Burbank created the white black berry and many more great veg and fruit.

as for the white collection there are few  I can't talk about,
but I can say all of them are edible.

Paulines7

• Hectare

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 18:00:39 »
That is very interesting, a great article,,thank you

So Plainleaf, are you going to recreate what he did or just grow it as it is.

May I ask why you can't talk about the white collection, or at least tell me what is in it.

XX Jeannine

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 21:54:29 »
Jeannine when get chance i will list some of varieties in the collection but several I can not
talk about do to the fact I got them under strict agreement that I do not reveal any details  about them.  basic those who gave me the plants and seeds do not want then out yet.

sorta like the origin of osu blue. when it was still in beta.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 05:08:54 »
Ok now I get it, no problem, it was the explanation I needed. I understand the reason and can appreciate it.

It does sound very exciting .

Do you have any idea when you will be released from the contract.. months , years?

I shall look forward to those you can share with us.

XX Jeannine

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 21:05:50 »
the idea of white collection is to have white vegetable where the veg are not normally white. So cauliflower is not part of collection since it is normally white.
 here are few in the collection
    vegetable:
bell pepper
Bianca Hybrid

carrot
Lunar White
Snow White Carrot
White Belgian

cucumber
Dragon's Egg Cucumber
Boothby's Blonde Cucumber
White Wonder

radish
Formosa Giant Luo Buo

tomatoes:
White Tomesol
White Queen
Great White Tomato
Cream Sausage Tomato
Italian Ice Hybrid

watermelon
Cream of Saskatchewan

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 21:28:38 »
What about courgette Long White, though for white read light green.

Is your radish a mooli.  There is also a variety of globe radish called white turnip.  Comes in packets of mixed colour.

What about white aubergine (egg plant)

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 02:33:30 »
the idea of white collection is to have white vegetable where the veg are not normally white.
there are several eggplants in collection just did not include all of the varieties in the collection.

"What about courgette Long White, though for white read light green."
lite green does not count.  to be in the collection it has to be very white.

mooli are in the collection but not really that interesting since they all to common.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal