Author Topic: Accidental moles cure  (Read 1839 times)

pywackit

Accidental moles cure
« on: July 23, 2011, 13:42:12 »
I've never posted anything before so forgive me if I do it wrong.
I have had real problems with moles in the vegetable garden for 2 years. Last year traps worked, this year they just filled them with soil and made a new tunnel.
I was so fed up that I said "Right, I can't get rid of you so I will make your life as difficult as possible"
They are nearly blind so I decided they must hunt with their noses. So I got a jar of granulated garlic from the pantry (mine was Kirkland but I don't suppose that matters). I dug into every molehill and exposed a bit of every tunnel I could find and poured in a good spoonfull of garlic into everyone.
They disappeared overnight! A month later, still no moles anywhere in the veg  or flower garden.
Maybe it is sheer coincidence but I felt I had to pass it on.
If you try it do tell if it works for you.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Re: Accidental moles cure
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 13:56:50 »
are you sure they were moles? they might have been vampires.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 14:30:52 »
 ;D moles with fangs.. ;D
Anyway..nice that you shared your experience and welcome.. ;)
In gardening mags you sometimes see sold 'mole bulbs' that should get rid of them..well..those are Allium moly..related to garlic. So your more consentrated treament should definately do something  ;D

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 14:51:26 »
I remember my father had moles about 25 years ago and he tried all the recomended ways to rid himself of them, until one afternoon he was filling the lawn mower with petrol and spilt it on the lawn, never had any moles again, but not one i would be trying .....

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 19:12:29 »
Now that is worth trying.   Thank you.  I have some garlic left from last year which is past its best and this year's is already harvested.  I have lots of mole runs and they do dig up plants and have caused a lot of havoc.

When you say you poured a good spoonful of garlic into the tunnels, how did you prepare the garlic?  Just granulated from the jar?  Guess crushing fresh garlic might work and it won't do any harm. if it does not work.

pywackit

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 21:05:38 »
Thanks Galina
Just granulated straight from the jar. Naturally too lazy to do any preparation and it was only an act of desperation anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal