Author Topic: On yer bike!  (Read 1262 times)

ACE

• Hectare
On yer bike!
« on: July 19, 2011, 19:00:04 »
Which fool in the biking maufacturers decided that saddles have to be hard narrow instruments of torture.

I have just got two new bikes, (his and hers) so we can trundle about and get a bit of exercise, but the saddles left a lot to be desired in the comfort zone. I had to go and get a couple of comfy ones from halfords costing another £30 on top of the price of the bikes. Is it the brainchild of some marketing guru to sell us something that is next to useless so we shell out more cash to make the bike fit for purpose. I have written to the sellers and voiced my indignation and told them to take the saddles back and give me a refund on the cost.

Also in Halfords, I approached the counter and some spotty faced sprog started to process the transaction and asked if I needed a bag, cause I do was my reply, that they cost 5p each he proudly said. Put the saddles back on the shelf then. No bag, no sale.

With that the manager came across and explained the money went to charity, I chose my own charity, I said. Well it's to save the enviroment he said. The I blew my top and pointed out their main business was selling vehicle spare parts that keep old bangers on the road and said vehicles cause a lot of greenhouse gases, so please stop insulting me with stupid statements. He went on and on about company policy but I lost interest and when he finished I said sorry was you still talking to me, because just for a minute I had the impression you was talking to somebody who gives a toss.

I got the bag.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: On yer bike!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 19:06:25 »
Your local shops must see you coming and think to thereselves, keep walking please don't come in here today, try next door they'lll make you welcome.  ;)
Mind you them saddles are nuts, I got a gel cover to put over the seat.   ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 19:10:01 »
Nice to see you back Ace ;D ;D ;D.
Years ago my daughters refused to go for a bike ride with me because I put a tea cosy on my seat to save my seat. These days I have a gel seat ;) ;D. much cooler than a tea cosy. ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 19:12:15 »
yes get yourself one of those gel seat covers and cycling will be a pleasure again, albeit a pleasure a bit on the pervy side

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 19:12:45 »
You will have to get some pampers padding Ace ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 09:41:23 »
Yes, thumbs up to gel technology... Funnily enough ladies bikes seem to have more comfy saddles (or  maybe our bums are just better padded!!!!)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal