Author Topic: Coriander Confetti  (Read 1282 times)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Coriander Confetti
« on: December 08, 2006, 16:23:52 »
Has anyone tried this? I use a lot of coriander (leaf) but it runs to seed quickly

http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/gww0027/1

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
Re: Coriander Confetti
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 19:10:01 »
No - but it does look interesting.   Do let us know if it solves the problem and is an acceptable alternative...

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 20:13:09 »
 ;D ;D

I looked in here thinking: 'now I wonder which they're planning to throw at the bride -- the leaves or the seeds?'...

(Now I know I need a drink!)

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 22:27:28 »
I used them for my last sowing of coriander. They came up pretty quickly...tasted the same as ordinary....still have some growing on lottie, will probably pick tomorrow. I still think the best bet is to buy large packs of seed that they sell in Asian shops...800gms for £1.49 literally 1000's of seeds. I think I got about 50 seeds in the confetti pack. Buying in larger quantities means you can sow really thickly and because they grow thickly they shade the ground so not so much moisture is lost on hot days.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:50:41 »
I wouldn`t touch T&M-over priced and more concerned with `new and exclusive` than supplying what gardeners want.

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 14:00:26 »
I still think the best bet is to buy large packs of seed that they sell in Asian shops...800gms for £1.49 literally 1000's of seeds. I think I got about 50 seeds in the confetti pack. Buying in larger quantities means you can sow really thickly and because they grow thickly they shade the ground so not so much moisture is lost on hot days.

I agree. The plants will run to seed quickly because this kind of coriander is grown for seed production not leaves. But with a big packet of seed like that you can afford to sow often! I am planning to grow all my coriander and parsley in big containers  in partial shade, as it didn't do that well in the open ground last year.

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 14:41:17 »
quite true dandelion....coriander does grow better in shade:)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 12:08:14 »
Thanks for all the advice. I might  try the confetti if there's time and space next year, but will deffo head down to the local Asian for bumper bag of seed. :)

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 21:24:09 »
Barnowl,
I haven't tried that one.  If like us you prefer the leaves, you might want to try Dobies Cilantro (leaf corriander). Grows well in pots and in the lottie and it does what it says on the tin ie no seeds.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 15:08:42 »
Barnowl, how did you do with the Confetti?
Jackie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal