Author Topic: Channel 4 Monday next at 9pm  (Read 1922 times)

zigzig

• Acre
Channel 4 Monday next at 9pm
« on: July 09, 2011, 20:10:21 »
I recall the case, at the time and was, for some reason so intrigued by it, I read every blog on the internet about it.

Convinced from the information I gathered. It was a complicated set up. I have been watching the news for a follow up.

I think that this programme will make interesting viewing. 

Suggest you look into watching it, if you have nothing better on the agenda.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Channel 4 Monday next at 9pm
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 21:12:44 »
 ???

But what is it about?

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 22:32:44 »
Monday at 9pm is  'Embarrassing bodies'   Teen Special.   Surely that is not what you are on about ZigZag ??? ???

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:26:13 »
Maybe 8:00 "Murder on honeymoon-Dispatches"?

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 19:21:11 »
Thanks Caroline You are right it is at 8pm.

It IS murder on honeymoon.

My mistake.

I supposed as it was about a violent death. I thought it would be after the 9 pm watershed.

I wont comment further.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 15:46:56 »
What's your verdict now you've seen seen it  zigzag?

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 21:41:05 »
As I said. I had tuned into a lot of comments and blogs about the whole thing right from the start so am aware of a considerable lot more than was in the documentary .

There was an awful lot left out of this report to be honest.

Max Clifford is nobody's fool either.

The 'bride'  was not actually legally married to the groom, it was a religious marriage ceremony.

A lot was made of the couple not sharing the same room. Granted by today's standards many men and women have done that long before any ceremony but it is not unheard of for a couple of to wait until their marriage is blessed with two religious ceremonies and a legal one

The 'Bride' came from a family who have personal wealth.

They have wanted the groom to return to SA from the start.

Ch4 will certainly have been careful to be factual. 

I wonder who financed the documentary? I have not been able to find out

It is what has NOT been included which could be crucial.

A lot of innocent people have been convicted from 'circumstancial evidence' of a lot of crimes in the past and later proved innocent.

As I see it, the documentary wanted to prove that he did not want to marry her in the first place. They were not legally married at all.

He made no secret that he was going to meet and pay the guy who acted as his tour guide/taxi driver in the hotel and gave him the agreed fee.  That was not as sinister as it was made out to be. It could well have been the action of a thoroughly decent bloke who knew just how poor these people are.

It seems he visited a club in the UK for homosexuals.  SO what?

As I understood it. The documentary indicated that 'HIS' accusers have all been promised reduced sentences in SA if he is convicted. If so, it is in their interest to testify against him.

I have not changed my opinion at all.

Did you know that when a woman whose father had been killed in a similar way in SA phoned her mother who lives in SA and told her about the case. Her mother went to the hotel to comfort the groom. The SA police, when they found out, decided they wanted to talk to him about that man's murder too. 

It is a different world there to what we live in by all accounts. Thank goodness.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal