Author Topic: DONT FOGET YOUR SUN HAT !  (Read 3606 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
DONT FOGET YOUR SUN HAT !
« on: June 24, 2011, 19:05:07 »
Britain could be enjoying the hottest days of the year this weekend as temperatures are expected to reach almost 30C (86F), the Met Office has sai
 The Met Office said temperatures are expected to reach 23C (73F) in the South and 20C (68F) in the North on Saturday.

On Sunday, temperatures could sizzle near 30C (86F) in the South East and 26C (79F)in the North.

On Monday, hot temperatures are expected to peak across East Anglia, the East Midlands and south east England during Monday, with highs of 32C (90F) possible.

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
Re: DONT FOGET YOUR SUN HAT !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 19:11:02 »

HOT !  you wanna get out East!  We used to fry eggs on the aircraft wing.    Cheers,    8)  Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 19:32:24 »
Bring it on  ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 19:57:35 »
Well, I will believe it when I see it.  Hardly seen the sun this summer??!!!   Bet  it is warm clouds.

:-[

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 20:20:18 »
It is pouring down here   ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 20:22:20 »
Same here, we have the rain back..it is chucking it down
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 20:43:25 »
Britain could be enjoying the hottest days of the year this weekend as temperatures are expected to reach almost 30C (86F), the Met Office has sai
 The Met Office said temperatures are expected to reach 23C (73F) in the South and 20C (68F) in the North on Saturday.

On Sunday, temperatures could sizzle near 30C (86F) in the South East and 26C (79F)in the North.

On Monday, hot temperatures are expected to peak across East Anglia, the East Midlands and south east England during Monday, with highs of 32C (90F) possible.

they get paid for this stuff? Pouring with rain here

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 20:45:25 »
I can only assume the person working in that department is a secret lottery winner who is hellbent on misinformation to make his bosses look daft :)
Jackie

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 20:47:51 »
Well that's me hibernating this weekend if it arrives ;) ;D.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 21:38:16 »
I hate the heat.. it makes me ill, got a dose three days ago  and still getting over it. It has been cool here most days though, well it is when raining of course.Usually hot.

I love the weather forecast, it is about as good as ours, they NEVER get it right. I just looked on our local channel, like very local,like in this town and it says sunny with a few clouds..it is raining a monsoon,they would be more accurate if they followed the rules of Granny's aching bones.

Good luck to you all.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 21:50:12 »
Ah well, there's the north and then again there's the north! Highest temp predicted for Edinburgh is 19 degrees on Sunday. In the Highlands and Islands, which you might call seriously north, the highest temp predicted is 16 degrees. In Shetland, which is pretty d**n north, 13 degrees.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 22:22:10 »
I can only assume the person working in that department is a secret lottery winner who is hellbent on misinformation to make his bosses look daft :)

did you see the excuse the MET Office  made after last winter? They said they did actually forecast the extreme cold weather, but they didn't tell us just in case they looked stupid again after the barbeque summer fiasco  :)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 22:29:31 »
did you see the excuse the MET Office  made after last winter? They said they did actually forecast the extreme cold weather, but they didn't tell us just in case they looked stupid again after the barbeque summer fiasco  :)

I didn't see that but that sort of spin should give that person a career in politics!!!
Jackie

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 22:41:54 »
Just managed to replant the front garden before the rain hit still saved me having to water everything in :)

We were planing a visit to 'Sunny Sands' for a paddle by the beach but weather looks misrable.

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 23:12:18 »
At least we can't blame the government.
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 05:11:31 »
It's cats and dogs at the minute, looks like I'll have to break out the brolly for work.   :'(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 06:48:03 »
 Wet here too. Still, it's only a couple of weeks since we were all complaining about how dry it was. ;)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 19:40:11 »
Temperature up a couple degrees to about 16c.  clouds all day with a hint of Mizzle around 5pm.   where has the sun gone???

:'(

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 20:45:28 »
Well, I am helping to organise tomorrow's village fete and picnic   -  I totally believe it will be very hot, we are  lending our gazebo for the children's story telling, and today bought another to shelter our own picnic and anyone else who wants a bit of shade. (Argos, £17 and worth it).

And I am freezing blocks for cool bags to keep the children's race prizes from melting. (Chocolate things).

I was up in the Inner Hebrides (Colonsay) two weeks ago and came home with  peeling nose and sunburnt face. It happens. Slightly dreading tomorrow as  it creeps up to 25 degrees (?77 fahrenheit?)

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 16:47:58 »
 :o :o :o

hot hot hot 

;D ;D ;D
i don't belive death is the end

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal