Author Topic: Price rise proposal in Norwich  (Read 2567 times)

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
Price rise proposal in Norwich
« on: July 20, 2011, 19:22:43 »
Hi all, In a local list of possible money saving measures is this,

Increase the cost of allotments for 2013 onwards. This would go up for an average of £40 to about £70 a year (£20,000)

There is no proposal to increase the cost of other leisure  services, yet.  This would actually take my costs up to £210. per year.

Can they do this?

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Price rise proposal in Norwich
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 19:26:19 »
I believe that all other activities they provide would have to rise on an even keel but am not 100% where I read that info.  They should also provide evidence as to why costings need to rise so much. Expenditure etc.  Try to go the self managed route before the deadline as this should keep costs to a minimum.  Ours are a third to half of those managed by councils.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 19:42:55 »
I believe that all other activities they provide would have to rise on an even keel but am not 100% where I read that info.
It's the Harwood v. Banstead and Reigate judgment.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 19:45:25 »
Can they do this?
Yes, probably.  Best option is to go self-managed as that saves the council even more and typically results in a better run site.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 21:57:45 »
 :)

Thanks for the input especially the link, I thought there was a judgement like that somewhere.
I don`t know how we would become self governing but I`ll discuss it with other plot holders, but we`re
a very small site. Really the poor relation of sites in the city. This is really only the beginning of the proposal.

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 22:14:03 »
Probably the thing to think about is forming a federation and taking several of the city's sites into self-management.  Drop tonybloke a PM as he's already given this kind of thing a lot of thought and he'll hook you up with the National.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal