Author Topic: how can we advertise that plots are available?  (Read 1932 times)

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
how can we advertise that plots are available?
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:04:24 »
It may sound like a simple thing to do!.but how could our committee go about doing it?

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
Re: how can we advertise that plots are available?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:38:02 »
Basically, put yourselves about a bit....

First off, do you have a notice board on or near the gate(s) with contact details? If not, that's number one priority.

We affiliated to the Borough's Allotment Federation, so our details - and again, my contact details - are available on their website. (You could, of course, get your own website, but that's not for starters.)

We invited in the local primary schools (and their mums); put up an exhibition, with flyers, in the library; made friends with the Residents' Association - I write an occasional article for their magazine - and the Chamber of Commerce; we have a plant sale - again with flyers to the fore - at their annual Fun Day. And we're very much to the fore in community matters and meetings, so that people all know we actually exist.

All of this takes a lot of time and effort, of course. But a notice-board on the gate is easy.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 20:09:08 »
The local paper will usually do free stories on community stuff.  Our local Gazette always has gardening stuff for schools and allotment related articles.  The paper can be purchased daily but some stories go into the 'sister',  free weekly paper.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 16:42:47 »
Organise an open day?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal