Author Topic: Radley bags  (Read 8087 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Radley bags
« on: June 24, 2011, 20:20:27 »
Ok, I did it..

I hacked a post the other day of Betulas which was not very nice and it drew response away from the correct topic..so here we are with a Radley thread.

I own up, I am hooked although here they are not known so it is not quite the same.

Come on fess up..watcha got?

I will tell if you will .

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Radley bags
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 20:26:06 »
I did not mind,it was fun  ;D

Like you I love my pink bag with the ripped chair and I use that a lot.

Will tell you more later....sadly don't buy them often these days but I get the odd pressie,lucky me.

I also like Harrods bags and lots of other things with a westie on.

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 20:51:05 »
I didn't know what this was about for a moment - I thought a radley bag was an unusual method of conserving produce or something!  ;D ;D

I can see why you might like them, but bags don't do it for me really. I'm not a handbag sort of person. Don't know why.

Are Radley bags special then?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 20:53:28 »
Ok snap, we have a pair on that one.

I looked on e bay the other day and was upset, there was'n't as many as I expected, well not the signature bags anyway, and most won't post over here, The Radley shop doesn't either.

XX Jeannine

PS, just added after reading pigeonseeds post.

Go on Betula, you answer..............
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 20:55:16 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 21:02:34 »
My Radley bag came from Turkey and my sister only paid a couple of quid for it. She bought it along with a Rolex watch and things!!!!!!. Unfortunately the zip on the bag broke after a couple of weeks and the watch only lasted a bit longer. Wos we done??????

Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 21:17:22 »
Yes they are special......very special ;D

I have the Christmas reindeer bag from a few years back.

Bike Ride

Eskimo/igloo bag

Poppy bag

Black....brown beige non signature bags

doing this one handed as eating,others i have got to think about plus purses.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 21:31:30 »
I have never considered myself a snob but I have to admit there is something good when someone goes ahh,,ooh,,when they see one. Not here though.It is good to swap info  with others about their favourites too.

In the beginning I had about 5, they were Christmas pressies from an adopted relative, a sort of old uncle that had no close family, too much money and a secretary with good taste who I think did his shopping for him.

When I was real little I got dolls, then jewellry in my teens and younger days, then as I got older it became perfume or jewellry and then the bags.

I took one into work one day and got the aah factor, I didn't know till that day how special they were. So I took the others in one by one..it made me laugh.

We lost our old uncle just  the year before we left to come home so my John bought me the last one..the ripped chair one not long before we left. Meanwhile I had got interested and bought a few on e bay. So the collection grew quite quickly.

I got a laptop bag and matching handbag which I travelled with so the last aah was then.

So maybe I am a snob..oh no...that is terrible, no I would still like them if they were as cheap as chips.

I do have a couple that I don't like though.

XX Jeannine

Queenbee, I guess you got what you paid for, but enjoy it anyway, I would.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 21:42:07 by Jeannine »

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 21:42:43 »
Yes I agree,lots of nice comments about them always and if I can I compliment other people on their bags too.

Not a snob thing because if you think about it they come a lot cheaper than other so called designer bags but I think they have a charm about them.........very feminine.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 21:49:15 »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 21:50:04 »
Agh..just checked the Radley site and they are now delivering to Canada..oh eck I am in trouble now..but got to go and look...bye XX Jeannine

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 21:52:39 »
I didn't know what this was about for a moment - I thought a radley bag was an unusual method of conserving produce or something!  ;D ;D
Me .. I thought it was a 21st century Oxford bag!!! ;D ;D

No I lie ... I didn't really!! :-[ :-[

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 22:10:56 »
Isn't it?

Been looking on the radley site..they have a sale..not exactly grabbing me..but a wee bit tempted on a red one..I think it was called Hampton.Had a disc and a dog dangler.

XX Jeannine

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 22:36:59 »
I have a pink Radley purse with the little scotty dog on the front would love a bag but just cant justify the cost at the moment not helped by the new Radley shop in town which also sells radley shoes :)

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 22:45:11 »
I love these bags, though I have only one, its a little black number with pale green leather leaves on , and and the little dog tag. it comes with its own scuff bag . and that is most useful when I go on holiday .
My daughter is addicted to them, she has nine now. I call that over the top.Haha.
   June.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 23:09:33 »
OH gave me a Radley bag for my birthday 4 years ago and I have never had it out of its own special bag.  Its too wee for all the rubbish I carry around with me.  I do have a large purse and I do need my bottled water which doesn't fit  in the Radley and also the colour doesn't match the clothes I wear.   Its a pinky beige. 

;D

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 23:28:36 »
There's a Radley outlet shop near us so it's an easy way out when it comes to Christmas or the wife's birthday. So far I've bought her 6 plus a briefcase. She's very particular about the size so it's quite hard to find one that catches the eye and is in the right size.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 23:32:06 »
You can marry me if you like LOL  ;D

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 23:44:12 »
You can marry me if you like LOL  ;D

I doubt I could afford you, otherwise, I'm sure it would be my privilege.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 23:50:37 »
 ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 00:05:02 »
Wow, what a guy, he even knows about the sizes too.... what man would know that. I don't like the little ones and I only like the true handbags,(grab bags) I can't carry one on my shoulder anymore so that cuts down the choices.

Cam, don't you worry, you have a baby that is heaps better than a Radley bag.

Still debating that red one.. 40odd% off I think.

I found an online shop in Califonia on e bay USA but I think they are knock offs, hardly a bid on them.

XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal