Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 3825 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: The Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 00:03:58 »
I thought that the reason that his experience of engineers was poor was simple prejudice and hence was totally unacceptable.

I think the audience should choose.  I like the Dara Obriain progamme where the audience give their opinion.   This week a large majority though the wrong person had been chosen.

GeeGee

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 00:42:58 »
I agree with you Digeroo. What an amazingly stupid comment regarding engineers. Believe someone very quickly came back with 'well what about James Dyson?'

I don't particular like Alan Sugar, I do believe that he did work his little socks off to get where he is, but there was a lot of luck and shear brashness in there on the way too.

jonny211

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 11:34:55 »
I'm an engineer and am always looking for a good investment, only last week I sent £5k to the Govenor of the Bank of Nigeria... apparently that money will be used to release a lump sum of £200,000. I'm rich I tells ya.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 11:48:48 »
I'm an engineer and am always looking for a good investment, only last week I sent £5k to the Govenor of the Bank of Nigeria... apparently that money will be used to release a lump sum of £200,000. I'm rich I tells ya.

LOL!! ;D ;D
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 12:00:46 »
wasn't there an episode of A Very Peculiar Practice when the University Medical Centre was monitoring an STD epidemic on the campus, and nobody from the Engineering Department caught it?  ;D

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 13:41:46 »
Isn't that just the fun of the programme that (no disrespect intended just observation) Lord Sugar has the freedom to choose, totally according to his personal prejudice?   It is not just the engineer.  The portly, slightly older female always goes (remember brummie super Ruth Badger?), the forces person always goes, the accountant always goes.  Conversely there is a list of characters, equally predictable, who always stay unscathed for a long time and get second and third chances.  

It's good television entertainment, nothing else, and he can well afford to spend the dosh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 13:47:06 by galina »

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 14:31:17 »
I love the aftershow programme, but can't actually watch the apprentice, what I am confused about is - if so many of them own a thriving business what are they doing on this show? it's like committing commercial suicide ::)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 15:12:39 »
I agree it is a bit if a charade.  Some of the people who come back to the after show programme seem to be totally different.  Their hair and clothes are different and they have a different character all together.  I think that the first few out are actors selected to be eccentric, to wear eccentric clothes and a really odd pair of specs and some kind of gimmic.  There is always one who wears really weird bright coloured clothes.  So the ones who get second chances are the genuine candidates and the rest are there to be picked on.

GeeGee

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 19:57:04 »
You could have a valid point there Digeroo!

We have to think TV, validity, watchability, bet you are total right re plants to get the show going and then get thrown out before the end.

Also agree with Gadget. If some of those guys are really real it can only be business suicide for them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal