Author Topic: Chimichurri Sauce - Recipe needed  (Read 2065 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Chimichurri Sauce - Recipe needed
« on: July 01, 2011, 22:40:14 »
Hi All,

Just had dinner which was new from Waitrose Love Life range it was lean aberdeen angus steaks with a Chimichurri Sauce (£2.99 for 2 people and i did not want to have to cook 2 much so great). Well were amazed by the sauce and wondered if anyone knows how to make it and has a good recipe.

In order from the packet it says it contained

Shallot, Tomato, Parsley, Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, Oregano, Garlic Puree, sunflower oil, pepper black/cayenne with Lemon Juice and a pinch of sea salt

I was planning on making a batch monday with left over roast beef and a salad but was just wondering what quantity of things i use.

Cam

jockomorrocco

• Quarter Acre

cambourne7

• Hectare
Re: Chimichurri Sauce - Recipe needed
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 14:58:52 »
yum yum yum yum

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:20:55 »
I just adore these new names for food recipes. That one is not an exotic recipe but it sounds wonderful.

Far too many people make up a decent recipe and then call it something boring like
'steak surprise'

Anything foreign sounding seems so much more tempting than our British names for food.

We have

Bedfordshire Clangers

Bubble and squeak

Mushy peas

Shepherds pie

Toad in the hole

Bangers and mash

Figgy pudding

Jellied eels

Squabs

Hot pot

Scouse

Kippers

Tripe and Onions

Winkles

Plum Duff

Every other nation has rubbish grub which sounds great. Granted we have a few which are not so bad like:-

Melton Mowbary pies Saveloy sausages, even Cornish pasties and Jam Rollypolly don't sound too bad but they do not ring a bell like the simple foods from abroad which all sound rather exotic.

We need some good British food  recipes with exciting names to sell to the world. Not French or Oriental names but British names.

Granted we went through two horrible world wars in the 20th century and were rationed so that the growing of herbs and spices was stopped to give us room to grow additional crops to feed ourselves.

This has been overcome and we have now got room to grow the herbs and spices we used to have.

Suggestions please........

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:53:15 »
Le Crumble

popular in France  :-X

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:07:34 »
http://southamericanfood.about.com/od/saladssidedishes/r/chimichurri.htm This one looks good

- Made this and it was not 2 bad i think we over did the garlic but it was not 2 bad :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal