Author Topic: Lavender story continues..  (Read 1636 times)

fitzsie

• Acre
Lavender story continues..
« on: November 12, 2011, 13:35:50 »
I posted a while ago the fact that I grown from seed a lavender called Multifida Blue Wonder . As a result of the replies I realised that it wasn't an appropriate lavender for an english garden.Probably won't survive the winter and smells like oregano ! Anyway, I still planted them in the garden along the drive not expecting them even to flower as it was late in the season. Well with the indian summer we had and the continued mild days the lavender has flourished. Most of them have flowered with a really deep colour and have spread along the drive which is what I always wanted.  I guess we will have to wait and see what happens over winter but just wanted to share that out of a mistake I have ended up with some lovely autumn colour in the garden.
Bring back Spotty Dog........

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Lavender story continues..
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 14:09:53 »
Good to hear that you wasn't dissapointed after all.. ;D Personally I do like them..you just  have to take cuttings if you want to carry on with them next year.

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 20:41:29 »
well done - that must have been a really pleasant surprise! And will you take cuttings just in case they don't overwinter?

fitzsie

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 19:00:44 »
Hadn't planned to as I bought the variety I really needed and have taken a load of cuttings off them. This lavender grows along the earth and then has off-shoots which grow upwards and each one of these stems has a flower. Bit of a creeper suprisingly. Not sure how well it would work taking cuttings from them.
It certainly is a very unusual form of lavender so maybe I ought to give it a go.
Bring back Spotty Dog........

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal