Author Topic: poorly looking strawberries  (Read 1208 times)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
poorly looking strawberries
« on: May 26, 2011, 22:02:44 »
We have some plants in one of those herb planters with several holes in.  They seemed happy enough and are showing several as yet green fruits.  However, some of the leaves are turning black, as well as the flowers that are still left on the plants.  Is this a virus, and if so, what can we do about it please?

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: poorly looking strawberries
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 22:39:25 »
Have your plants dried out between waterings?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 22:48:06 »
I would be more inclined to think they have been too wet..smell them, does it smell bad..I did this one year with a strawberry barrel.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 18:13:53 »
I would be more inclined to think they have been too wet..smell them, does it smell bad..I did this one year with a strawberry barrel.

XX Jeannine

They don't have a nasty smell Jeannine.....

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 20:43:34 »
There are so many diseases that attack stawberries, Tf its the small leaves that are turning black it could be a form of blight.
If its any of the leaves it could be root rot. I think the first thing is to have a look at the roots and see if there is any worms there that is eating them.

If you need any for next year you can come and take as many as you like providing i do not have to pay you to much.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal