Author Topic: Would like chard - can swap other things  (Read 2306 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Would like chard - can swap other things
« on: June 23, 2011, 14:57:14 »
Hi! I am looking for some white chard seeds, any chard or silverbeet that gives nice thick stems. I haven't got loads to swop but can offer in return parsnip, rocket, Atlantic Giant or Turk's Turban Pumpkins, Yellow Mini Summer Squash (sunbeam), lettuce of various types, Green Globe Artichokes (sow now! And replant at end of summer, they will keep growing next year!).

As I am in France I cannot give SAE which is why I offer other seed in return. Thx.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Would like chard - can swap other things
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 21:35:43 »
I can send you some chard seeds, however Canada Post is on strike so not sure when. If you get another offer better take it but if not I will send when I can.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 21:42:00 »
Antipodes..I can nip to Wilkos seed sale tomorrow and see if they got some left there.. ;)
I don't have any as I don't like the stuff..Yuk..
I'll be back...

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 21:44:52 »
Goodlife, will you going on your Lama ;D ;D ;D?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 21:52:49 »
I did bad typo earlier on..Llamas..it should have spelled..
Well...no..I did sell it you see..wasn't planning to buy that much seeds anyway..micra can carry that shopping bag.. ;D ;D
It would have been matching thing though..white chard seeds and white Llama.. ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:26:03 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
You are sweet gals, Goodlife, I couldn't possibly let you do that, you havs swopped me so many things up till now! if I can't get any I will just go buy some! But it's fun to swop and it connects you with people! But please, just folk that have some to spare... I don't need many, as I will sow in modules and probably can only plant out about 4 or 6 plants.
It's true not everyone likes chard, in France it is eaten quite a lot, I see many North Africans buying it at market, I sometimes wonder how they cook it... It's nice in a gratin or a la provencale.

Jeannine, so sweet of you! I wonder how long it would take to get to France?  Maybe be too late to sow? Although here we have mild winters and if I fleece, I could get chard for a fair while...
I will PM you for that!

Anyone else?
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:54:21 »
I've checked mine & it's bright lights but I'm sure I had some different ones too. I will recheck. Premier seeds direct post to Europe & only charge 99p. I agree it is so lovely to swap & the swappers are incredible on this site but PSD do have a wide range of seeds & lots in each pkt which gives me more to swap or share.

Torreya

• Not So New ...
    • Ashfurlong Walled Kitchen Garden
Re: Silver chard
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 12:16:51 »
Just had a root through the seed box and I've got half a packet of "Suttons Spinach Beet 'White Silver 2' Silver or Sea Kale"  Packed year ending 30.6.10 sow by 6/2011.
  Would love either the Atlantic Giant or the Sunbeam squash, as I haven't got either of them!  If you pm me your address, I'm going up to P.O. in morning, so will be able to get them off to you.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 13:59:27 »
It would seem you are well covered now, Canada Post still on strike  but all sounds OK.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

antipodes

• Hectare
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 14:39:02 »
TORREYA - your inbox is full

antipodes

• Hectare
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 14:44:08 »
Jeannine, thanks, you are right, I think it's sorted!
Torreya - I have a PM just waiting for your box to empty!

GrannyJanny - I got some seeds from VegetableSeeds.co.uk this year, they had quite good quantities. I only have a small plot so often I have some seeds left over, but usually it's not very exotic types! I didn't actually go too mad this year buying seeds, so I haven't got too many leftovers! But I will have tomato seed at the end of the season to bargain with  ;)   If you still want to swop, PM me, I will see what I can dig out for you. I have some French beans too I think...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal