Author Topic: Liscari Sativa Salsola..aka Agretti  (Read 4396 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Liscari Sativa Salsola..aka Agretti
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:21:24 »
Does anyone have any personal experience with this one please. I have read all the info from the web, but would appreciate some first hand info.I have seeds.

Thank you XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

gwynleg

• Hectare
Re: Liscari Sativa Salsola..aka Agretti
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 21:15:20 »
Hi Jeannine
I was hoping someone (else) would answer - I have also got seeds for this but no idea what to expect. It says to sow the whole lot as they dont keep - I have a lot of seeds so hope someone out there has information saying this is the best crop ever!!

Diamond_Skies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 22:50:28 »
I see this is an old topic but it appeared when I did a search for Liscari Sativa.  I just bought some seeds and plan to sow them soon.  I was wondering if anyone had any luck with them?  The instructions say that heat will stop them from sprouting so they should do quite well here in Northern Ireland!

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 16:04:39 »
I've grown it before, it's really easy once germinated. I'm growing some this year for Sat Bains (2 star michelin) as he remembers it as Monk's Beard from a course he attended in Italy some years ago.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:49:20 »
The seeds need to be really fresh.  I bought some in July from Seeds of Italy and they never germinated.  SOI replaced the packet with fresh seeds (they are good with customer complaints!) when these were available again.   I sowed them in April.  Germination was easy then, no problem.  They grew very well and I ended up with a lot of harvestable greens.  To produce my own seeds I would have needed a frost-free greenhouse, I think.  My plants perished the following winter.

I am glad I tried agretti - as it happens we did not like the flavour or texture and won't grow again - but fresh seed and a 'cool' start are really necessary judging by my 'one time grower' experience.

Diamond_Skies

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 21:28:36 »
Mine have just germinated!  I am really curious to see what they taste like.

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 10:09:15 »
I've just ordered some seed too. Just hope I can get it to germinate!

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 13:33:49 »
Sowed my agretti seed thickly in a seed tray, as they are supposed to have a poor germination rate. They didn't have poor germination and sprouted in such volume, with such vigour, that they literally lifted the layer of compost above them! Might need to get them in the ground pronto!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal