Author Topic: Everything being eaten by caterpillars!  (Read 2487 times)

Stopp

• Half Acre
Everything being eaten by caterpillars!
« on: September 04, 2011, 19:42:33 »
I left my mini greenhouse door open for a few days and found that my chilli plants have been munched upon.  Not only that but also my loganberry, sunflowers, parsley and celeriac.  The culprits ....... small green caterpillars!

Help!!

I've managed to pick a few that were visible but worried that everything is gonna end up with more holes than a flippin sieve!

They don't seem to mind what the plant is, even my sweetcorn has been nibbled!

Grrrrrr .....

Sharon T
Sharon T

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Everything being eaten by caterpillars!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 20:54:57 »
Don't send any here then!  :-X

Growing4twins

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 19:44:02 »
Yep i made the same mistake aswell.  My tomatoes in the greenhouse have been munched all over, leaves, fruit the works!!  I wouldnt mind as much if they ate the whole fruit but nooooooo, they have a nibble out of 1 & the crawl over to the next 1.  The only time i seem to be able to spot them is when they munch on a ripe tomato & they get a pinkish tinge to them, the little feckers!!! Yet appart from a bit of blossopm end rot my toms that r planted out in the open havent been touched by anything, go figure!!!
Is loving how the twins are really getting into planting seeds this year!  two for the price of one!! :D http://i46.tinypic.com/zy7ww8.jpg[/img]

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 20:12:45 »
Me? 60 Chinese leaf plants looking like doilies!

The Flea Beetle.

LesH

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 21:28:34 »
google tomato moth.

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 15:22:47 »
They cannot get at my cabbages so have stripped my swedes, I found 6 caterpillars on the bare stalks this morning 17 october. They are even trying the parsnips. They are getting desperate for a last feed before the cold sets in. I was going to uncover my enormous tundra cabbages but had to stop myself when I found the caterpillars

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal