Author Topic: Accounts  (Read 4027 times)

philistine

• Not So New ...
Accounts
« on: May 10, 2011, 16:30:34 »
Any one got an example of some accounts for an allotment association that includes income
from a small allotment shop, obviously we do presently make a note of everything we buy & sell but
I need to put them in a better format to include in a grant application.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Accounts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 16:37:25 »
I have some old accounts on my comp... from when I was treasurer... never got round to deleting the files... but couldn't provide them without explicit permission from our committee. Sure some active Treasurers will be along to help. Do you need real "accountant" accounts or just an income/expenditure breakdown?
  :-X

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 18:07:06 »
I'm glad you asked the question, as our lottie shop is up and running and I will have to do the accounts I'm not sure how to set it out. 
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:08:25 »
I'm glad you asked the question, as our lottie shop is up and running and I will have to do the accounts I'm not sure how to set it out. 

Sent you a PM
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 09:26:53 »
Corny, we just have a simple in and out, must keep all the invoices, I hand the books over to the treasurer once a quarter. I also make a note of who buys what and have a list of people who owe, not a good idea but some of them are like the queen and never carry money  ;D

Hi_Hoe

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 23:10:14 »
Any one got an example of some accounts for an allotment association that includes income
from a small allotment shop, obviously we do presently make a note of everything we buy & sell but
I need to put them in a better format to include in a grant application.

Hi philistine

it may or may not be of use to you, but for my small business I use Express Invoice which is available as a free download. (google should find it)  Its a great little product and suits my needs perfectly - it may be just the thing you need to "prettify" your application?!

Good luck  :)
If tha does nowt, tha gets nowt. Simple!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 05:06:22 »
Cheers Davy.   ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:41:00 »
Hope it was ok Kev  also what i should have mentioned is to get a memory stick so when you update your acounts you also update the memory stick, this way you will always have a record should your computer crash.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

jules2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 18:06:44 »
Hope it was ok Kev  also what i should have mentioned is to get a memory stick so when you update your acounts you also update the memory stick, this way you will always have a record should your computer crash.

Good call, I'm treasurer of a cycling club and at the monthly committee meeting I exchange a memory stick of everything I have with the secretary plus I have a separate hard drive anyway.

I also produce the current bank statements at the same time so any member of the committee can check the the balances that I give each month.

Its quite easy to construct an Excel sheet with cash and bank columns for both income and expenditure, on mine if I make a posting error and it does not balance it shows in a separate column.

If you are ever shown Profit and Loss accounts without a supporting balance sheet be very afraid. I know of various voluntary organisations that have been defrauded of £1000's.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal