Author Topic: potato problems  (Read 1537 times)

Growing4twins

• Half Acre
potato problems
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:08:53 »
Hey guys, i hope you can help me out with my potato problem.  I moved house in March & the garden wasnt gardener friendly, i had a lot of work to do so i decided to try growing my spuds in compost bags just so i knew i would have a small crop to look forward to.  Things started to grow well, i topped up the bags as the plants grew, then in 1 bag about 2 weeks after the last top up nothing was happening.  The 2nd bag continued to grow well until about 10 days ago, i topped up the bag as usual, the leaves started to come through a few days later but they didnt seem as strong (does that make sence??).  Then it went limp & just kinda lay there  :'(. 

have my spuds got some nasty kind of disease??  Is there some potato plant loving bug thats munching away on my lovely spuds??  Oh 1 last question, is it to late to plant my last few seed potatoes???

Cheers :)
Is loving how the twins are really getting into planting seeds this year!  two for the price of one!! :D http://i46.tinypic.com/zy7ww8.jpg[/img]

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: potato problems
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 02:50:04 »
Possibly black leg?
Not to late to start some more... but you'll need to watch out for blight...  :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal