Author Topic: Uninstall My Winlocker  (Read 2556 times)

queenbee

• Acre
Uninstall My Winlocker
« on: April 20, 2011, 21:41:23 »
I have been trying to uninstall My Winlocker from my computer but when I try it tells me it is initializing and not uninstalling. Could anyone out there tell me how to get rid of it. I do not even know how it got onto my computer. Does anyone know what it does?
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Uninstall My Winlocker
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:39:40 »
It is an Encryption prgram so you can safely store sensitive material with a password only you know.
I think it comes as part of Windows 7 itself.
Not sure that you actually need to get rid of it as it does nothing harmful and you do not need to use it if you do not want to.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:00:12 »
you could try Ctrl + Alt + Del to get you to task manager, on the Processes Tab, select MWL.exe and End Process, then try uninstall from Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs

or restart in Safe Mode, and remove the program..........don't know which key to get to start in Safe Mode anymore. Your machine should tell you on Startup........

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:39 »
Try what bugloss said - uninstall in safe mode.  Hit the F8 key when the PC is booting for a text based menu from where you can select Safe Mode...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 20:08:50 »
Many thanks for your advice, It obvously is nothing serious so I will leave it on for now.
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal