Author Topic: Windows 9  (Read 1788 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Windows 9
« on: April 17, 2011, 06:56:21 »
 As anyone down loaded Windows 9 yet and if so what do you think of it.

I have Windows 8 at the moment but it says that i need to go back to windows 7 to download Windows 9  ???
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Windows 9
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:44:14 »
I think you're a tad confused. Windows 8 is only available in Beta and not intended for the public yet. So far, only the early version ( Milestone 1) has been leaked. Windows 9 doesn't exist.

Perhaps you mean Internet Explorer 9 which you can only install if you have Windows 7, not XP or Vista?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:46:12 by djbrenton »

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 15:15:30 »
I think the OP is refering to Windows INTERNET EXPLORER 9, the web browser not the operating system.

If so than to answer the question on the OP yes i have tried v9. Not impressed basicaly. Not as user friendly as v8 or as responsive as the latest Firefox (v4) which is very good. After 9 crashed a couple of times i removed it and went back to 8. Just waiting to see how long it is before it asks me to upgrade again. Not even been asked why i uninstalled so cant give feedback on 9. Very Poor show Microsoft.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 15:30:12 »
I disagree based on my experience of IE9 - mine actually loads quicker then Firefox 4 or 5 and seems as responsive as any browser I have used.  No crashes at all and I prefer it to 8 any day of the week.  When I have to use 8 at work I really notice the difference.
I haven't done mass insatalls of IE9 so this is just based on home use - ill see what the real issues with it are when I have to roll it out along with Win 7...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal