Author Topic: EASIYO YOGURT MAKER  (Read 12628 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
EASIYO YOGURT MAKER
« on: May 12, 2011, 22:26:30 »
Does anyone have a recipe for making yogurt in an easiyo yogurt maker not using the Easiyo packet mixes.

Duke  :)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: EASIYO YOGURT MAKER
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 22:46:37 »
Easiyo Tips

There's no need to boil UHT. Although UHT doesn’t taste nice to drink it tastes fine as yoghurt…if you use real milk you have to scald it first…ie bring near boiling.
Here’s how to make without mixes…it's a lot cheaper..

a litre of UHT milk (skimmed, semi, or whole, depending on how healthy you want it)
a few tablespoons of skimmed milk powder (if you want creamier/thicker yoghurt – I recommend putting 4 tablespoons in)
2 tablespoons of live yoghurt (must be live, and as fresh as possible - you can use yoghurt from your last batch, but every say 5 or 6 batches, start from fresh with a shop bought live starter.)

3/4 fill the inside jar of the Easiyo (the clear one) with UHT skimmed milk. Then add 4 tblspoons of marvel type stuff (the value one from supermarket is fine) and whisk it in with a fork.

Then  add the 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and again use the fork to whisk it.

Then fill it up to the top with UHT milk.

You then basically use the maker in the same way it says (filling the outside flask with boiling water and leaving it for 6 hours or more).

courtesy of hector :)
sanity is overated

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 23:18:11 »
Thanks macmac .....I will give this a go tomorrow  :)

Duke

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 23:18:54 »
it's thanks to Hector  really  :)
sanity is overated

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:03:05 »
Thank you for this posting folks. I bought one in February & haven't tried it yet. It needs to be dairy free so I'm going to try it with coconut milk. If it doesn't work then I'll pass it on to a daughter.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:27 »
Thanks Hector, ;D

I bought the maker on a special offer last year from Lakeland but find the sachets of their mixes expensive and they often have to be bought in bulk. It wouldn't be so bad if you could pick up the sachets in the supermarket. If I cant make natural yogurt in it then the yogurt maker will be sent to the useless kitchen gadgets graveyard!!!! :-X

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:49:21 »
Easiyo yoghurt maker is just a "keep warm" container so if something can be turned into yoghurt then easiyo can do it.
I agree the sachets are expensive but very convenient
sanity is overated

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 22:31:41 »
hello again

I now have a big pot of home made yogurt thanks Hector it worked!!! I did however leave it for longer than 6 hours because I forgot about it.

A success !!!!

duke ;D ;) ;D :D

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 19:51:01 »
hello again

I now have a big pot of home made yogurt thanks Hector it worked!!! I did however leave it for longer than 6 hours because I forgot about it.

A success !!!!

duke ;D ;) ;D :D

You are welcome :)
Jackie

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 18:28:39 »
The best Yoghurt I ever had was in a spa resort in the north of Thailand where they made their own.

Now Thailand does not usually DO dairy so I have no idea what they used and I asked but was not told.

The second best I had was made at home using a 2ltr vacuum flask. The natural yoghurt was mixed with blood heat full fat milk with two level table spoons of marvel and left over night.

The vacuum flask was a filthy mess and needed soaking in bicarb and boiling water to clean it. But the yoghurt was great.

IF you are making lactose free yoghurt then you can do the same method with soya milk and after a few days of repeating the process the product

will be free of lactose and will in due course be suitable for vegans.

If you care.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal