Photo Gallery > Photo Talk

Help needed with camera

(1/2) > >>

Jeannine:
I am not a photographer at all.. never been really into it but..and the few times I have had a camera in my hand I reaaly don`t understand it.

I boiught John an Olympus Pen for Christmas and he is not using it so I am going to have a go,

The instructions look enough to put me off for life so my question is. How would you rate it, easy.. or the other.

It is brand new in the box and he is obviously not going to use it.

Hoping this is not another thing to go in a drawer gathering dust with the  last three presents.

XX Jeannine

Squash64:
Hi Jeannine,

I'm by no means an expert, but I have never read all through the instruction books with any of my three cameras.

So long as you are able to charge the battery, put the memory card in and find out where the 'auto' setting is you should be able to take photos.

What is the model number of the camera?

Jeannine:

It is Olympus pen..E-PLI.

I am just opening the box.It is full of stuff, I am getting very scared.

Camera,book, disc,strap(at least I know what that is ::)) 3 lots of cables,a little black box which I think is a battery,a round thing, looks like a lens and  battery charger,I guess one of the cables fits that.

Hey hey, I got that bit fitted together and the battery in too.

It is not obvious what the other two cables are for..looking in book.

OK,one is a USB cable , the other is a monarual AV cable..yeah right, like I would know what they are!!

Fat round thing is a lens..hey I aligned the red marks and have got it fitted on the camera.

So far so good but there is no memory card.. there should be according to the book but it is definately nothing here..

I better go and check with Amazon as to what we do now!!

XX Jeannine

aj:
I've got a E-p1 - very nearly the same camera.

It's fantastic!

It's a micro 4/3 camera, which means it's nearly a DSLR - it does 99% of the functions of a DSLR, it just can't produce the really selective focusing that you can with macro lenses.

It's a wicked camera!

chuck a memory card in and and start shooting. Start with i-auto and enjoy. The lens with it should be a zoom lens so have a play.

Jeannine:
Sorted, the memory cardf didn't come with the camera so is now on way from Amazon. I phoned them, they were very good and even gave me a $5 gift on my account..

Also bought  the book  Olympus EP1 for dummies which might help me.

I have never been a camera person, John always has done that which is why I bought this for him at Christmas, sadly with his Alzheimers he is overwhelmed by it as it is unfamiliar.. so I have to learn , then I can show him, with a bit iof luck!!

Thank you Squash64.. I would probably never have taken it out of the box if you hadn't asked.

Thanks AJ, I might just be asking you a lot of questions. Last time I owned a camera personally I was 10.

It is a zoom lens. The reason I bought it was because a few months ago we saw a coyote on the lotties, John took a picture but it was too far away, he said at the time he wished he had a zoom lens, hence the reason for the pressy.. I didn't expect it to baffle him

XX Jeannine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version