Author Topic: squash and courgettes  (Read 2405 times)

tai haku

• Quarter Acre
Re: squash and courgettes
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 18:47:16 »
Mine have been going for a couple of weeks but I'm way down south; I'm gonna put them, my beans and my achocha out mid-april before I go on holiday for a couple of weeks and hope. If they get caught I can always try again early may.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 18:50:27 »
I will aim for last week of this month, if they go out too early here I find the windy days really hamper them.   ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 20:04:52 »
I'll probably be starting mine off within the next couple of weeks.  I have more seeds than I have room for so I'm going to have to make a decision on what varieties to grow.  I have 3 butternuts, 3 patty pans, goldrush courgette and a round Italian courgette that I can never remember the name of to choose from.  I also want to try and get at least 1 blue moon pumpkin in as the girls love the idea of having a blue pumpkin on halloween  ;D

I think it's going to have to be 1 or 2 varieties of butternut and patty pan as I've never grown them before and possibly miss the round courgette for this year as I'm definately growing the goldrush (I like the slightly nutty taste).

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 20:59:04 »
if they go out too early here I find the windy days really hamper them.   ;D
try living by the coast (or next door to an Jerusalem Artichoke eating neighbour  ::) ) That's why I'm going to TRY and wait to sow later this month...... but it's just sooooo tempting .....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal