Author Topic: My new allotment  (Read 1697 times)

salvation plot

• Not So New ...
  • My hanging basket last year.
My new allotment
« on: April 06, 2011, 21:08:40 »
A big Thankyou to Betty, squash64 for all her help on posting pictures. Finally finished today with fruit cgae and tunnels, just need to get some more plants now, my greenhouse is full, but they are not growing quick enough.
 ;D :D

pumkinlover

Re: My new allotment
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 21:13:38 »
Impressive :D
you should be proud!

salvation plot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 21:22:03 »
Thankyou Betty, but all the hard work was down to my boyfriend , we are Kitchen Fitters, so carpentry is he,s work really, it was all reclaimed wood that we got from old kitchens that we rip out, so it did,nt cost us much, we just repainted it to make it look nice. But i big thankyou to you for your help, could,nt have done it without you  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 21:25:31 by salvation plot »

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 21:24:09 »
It's looking really good!  The fruit cage is fantastic, it looks nice and strong.  Someone on our site wants to make one using that type of netting.  Did you send away for it?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

salvation plot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 21:33:58 »
Yes i found them on the web, the cheapest ifound actually, especially as it is not plastic netting, its nylon, i got the bigger ones to keep the birds out from the fruit cage and i bought a smaller hole one for my tunnels, i tink in total it cost me £ 68.00, but it was worth it, very east to work with, i will send the link over for you.
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/HarrodSite/pages/home/default.asp

The whole structure is very sturdy, my boyfriend spent 3 weekends on it, i think everybody thought we were putting a bird cgae up, i did say i was gonna get some parrots for it, that shocked them all.
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal