Author Topic: Big kid  (Read 1950 times)

Lupin

• I love Allotments4All
Big kid
« on: January 17, 2005, 21:52:53 »
???
Hello everybody,
My username is Lupin.. as i have not long joined i was told by a Friend that this is a good place to introduce myself..
I'm a 63 year old Mom of three & live in the West Midlands with my Himself..We have been married for 44 years in March we are retired now, & we are looking forward to getting the not very large garden that is clay easy to look after... we don't know a lot about gardeningĀ  but love to be in there messing about...& know what we like. up to yet
I plant himself does the weeding...yes pulls up the plants leaves weeds if they are pretty... the pounds I've spent in there is unbelievable just to find weeds & no plantsĀ  gag
If you will allow me to stay i will be like a Big Kid in a toy shop wanting to learn everything you've got to teach me..
Thank you for taking time out to read this
 Maureen xxx...Thanks to Sammy :-*

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Big kid
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 22:07:37 »
Tis a great site and you will be made very welcome. You will be astounded at the level of knowledge amongst those who contribute.
If you possess a camera then why not take shots of your progress with the garden and share your triumphs (lots) and disasters(few) with us.
Above all, have fun!
Gardening is the great leveller.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 22:45:43 »
HIYA MAUREEN i was reading your post on how to get rid of a million slugs :D :D. get yourself some sand and spread librally where you are most plaqued and it SHOULD help loads. let me know how you get on ok. WELCOME TO THE A4A SITE WE ARE A FRIENDLY HAPPY LOT HERE.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 23:03:24 »
welcome! yes, it is friendly here!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 13:01:28 »
Hello Maureen.

Another clay gardener. Yucky stuff isn't it. But once it's dug ok, it's so rich and full of nutrients. It's a sort of blessing in disguise!

You've certainly come to the right place if you want to learn. I've learnt stacks from the people here. And I'm still learning (aren't we all?!)

Ask away!
gone to pot :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal