Author Topic: van meuwen - surprise package £10 for £100 worth of stuff?  (Read 8302 times)

poppie1

• Half Acre
Re: van meuwen - surprise package £10 for £100 worth of stuff?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 14:52:57 »
i also got exactly the same,very pleased :),got far more than anticipated,
just need some more strawberry plants,
would these pouches be any good for toms as well?

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 14:58:44 »
Yep got the same :) I think for £10 its good value :)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 16:02:11 »
Yep, well pleased, have planted the fushias and petunias up and put in my lean to for now, and well give some seeds to allotment people. Love the pot. bag and the strawberry planters, but don't need ten, come on Kev, a present for looking after your children.  Have got granddaughter her today as Mum not well, not feeling too good with tooth.  Tomorrow or Friday, allotment and everything should have grown in two days without me keep poking it about.  Thank you to whoever suggested it, better than buying lottery tickets.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 16:07:29 »
  i received
6 petunias
6 fuchsias
5 pots i pot bag
6 plastic container bags for veg
pair gloves
 35 pkts seeds :o :o to share with my friends
sprouts
toms money maker
toms gardeners delight
onions
parsnips
herbs
1 pkt carrot.

1 peony

i only ordered 15 surfinas last week wish i had known
& 10 fuchsias  both from T & M, still i can always find room for them if it stands still it gets planted up  ;D ;D ;D.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 17:14:49 »
I think that it is good value for £10 but not sure what I would have said if I had paid £100. 

No carrots or onions here but I have walking stick cabbage.  Might grow one, then hopefully I will not need a walking stick.  Not sure why they think anyone would want 3 or 4 packets of the same thing though.

Peony looks good.   

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 17:30:18 »
 Opppps, must change my list  it was 5 petunias & 5 fuchsias not 6,trying to write it down from memory as you can see memory not very active today. Also the bags i thought were for veg are those you hang on the fence or hanging bracket full of flowers, or fruit i suppose.
no cabbage that everyone else got  :'(, no really i am very pleased BUT would not have spent £100  on it all. ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 17:44:12 »
You are more then welcome to a packet of walking stick cabbage, I think four or five seeds would be more then enough, certainly do not want three packets.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 18:23:27 »
this would explain that when i ordered the potato planter and some offer mini fruit trees why i received a pkt of all the above seeds too foc, they must have shed loads,
i was going to put the walking stick cabbage ones up for grabs but sounds like the place will be flooded with them  :(

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 19:49:45 »
 Digeroo, yes i would appreciate that Thank you very much.
Rosebud ;D

salvation plot

• Not So New ...
  • My hanging basket last year.
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 20:01:21 »
Just received my bumper pack from van meuwan, the same as borlotti, well impressed with it all, not bad for £10.00, i have used van meuwan for years and have never been disapointed with anything they sent me, had lovely hanging baskets last year from thier petunia offers. Can i save thier seeds they sent me to next year? :D

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 21:18:54 »
got mine today well worth a tenner, got the same as borlotti
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 21:20:50 by hippydave »
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

poppie1

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 07:30:03 »
Just received my bumper pack from van meuwan, the same as borlotti, well impressed with it all, not bad for £10.00, i have used van meuwan for years and have never been disapointed with anything they sent me, had lovely hanging baskets last year from thier petunia offers. Can i save thier seeds they sent me to next year? :D

all the packs of seed i received said sow by 2012,so i presume that yours would be the same :)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:58 »
Planted pots. in the big bag, gave one small bag away, still got nine left.  Any ideas what to plant, one for strawberries, one for toms, maybe flowers, if I hang them all on  the garden wall will the wall fall down.  Would love to see pictures of ideas of what other people have done with theirs.  Don't allowed out today as OH repairing walls in garden and am on tea duty, but may pop out later to water the allotment.  Thought one of the seed packets was empty, but hadn't got my glasses on.  Don't too sure about planting the walking stick.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 23:54:25 »
Planted pots. in the big bag, gave one small bag away, still got nine left.  Any ideas what to plant, one for strawberries, one for toms, maybe flowers, if I hang them all on  the garden wall will the wall fall down.  Would love to see pictures of ideas of what other people have done with theirs.  Don't allowed out today as OH repairing walls in garden and am on tea duty, but may pop out later to water the allotment.  Thought one of the seed packets was empty, but hadn't got my glasses on.  Don't too sure about planting the walking stick.

Hi Borlotti,

Yes i am planning 2 tomatos in each bag with a basil plant in the top, sowing tomato seeds this weekend idea was 2 of the same variety in each bag. My back fence is in need of some support for climbers so i am going to be threading some twine between a bar at the top and bottom of the fence panel and was going to make a hoop and mount the pouch on the top of each fence panel and support it around the bottom of the pouch as well and hope thats enough for the weight. Soil mix was going to be 1 part garden soil 3 parts compost and mix in chopped comfry leaves and a bit of vermiculite :)

Cam

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal