Author Topic: possiable made redundant noooo!  (Read 2148 times)

kymrob

• Half Acre
possiable made redundant noooo!
« on: March 15, 2011, 13:50:04 »
been told today that 8 out of 15 of us (dinner ladies) gonna b made redundant!! leaving JUST 7 dont know how it will work?
been working at our local primary sch for 4 year,
i look after 11 special needs child from the srb class we all shocked and sad thinking that any of us are to go!
never been made redundant before we will have to fill in a form of about what we have to offer i just hope that the experience with the special needs children will help save my job plus im never late and only had one day off in last 4 and half years! fingers crossed!!
 :'(

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: possiable made redundant noooo!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 14:10:50 »
fingers crossed for you... although even if you keep it ti won't be the same job, with half the staff and the same number of kids..  :-X

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 14:28:50 »
yep half the staff, same kids, twice much work, all for same money! but i love my job

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 15:05:39 »
Hope it works out for you- but like Saddad says- not be the same again ???

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 17:20:44 »
fingers firmly crossed

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 18:06:33 »
Why would one school need 15 dinner ladies anyway?

When I was at school we only had 2.

I guess the headteacher is finding it hard to justify it, that is why they are having a reduction.

Let's hope the most needy don't lose their jobs.

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 18:43:35 »
yes we have said we are over staffed but only by around 3 so had been abit off a shock for everyone working there even one teacher has to go!! it such a shame as it is a lovely sch which has great team work with lovely children, nowadays you have to have more dinnerladies due to class sizers and health and safelty plus we have a couple one to one dinnerladies! its all down to the buget! shame when it effect our children!

think i had only 3 or 4 dinnerladies when i was at sch cor they deserved a medal! ;D ;D

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 11:33:55 »
This is so sad and I really feel for you and your workmates. My mum used to work as a school cook and was shocked to see that some children didnt even know how to eat with a knife and fork and needed to be helped by the dinner ladies. What will happen to the special needs children that need one to one help? Its all wrong this crazy world today.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 18:44:31 »
sorry about that, hope you're one of the lucky ones..it seems to be happening all over the place, feel like I've gone back in time  :-\

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 19:24:25 »
glimmer of hope for my job today the head is looking in to changing my contract so my wagers come out the special needs funding (which they should do anyway)!
 couple years ago the old head changed my contract as the special needs class was closing due to lack of  funds so she could safe guard my job! the sch went to local papers and the class was saved but she never got round to changing my contract back so the new head is going to look into doing this!
 hopefully it will be that easy!
 but the children i look after cant possiable be left to cope with dinner on there own and the other dinnerladies not interested as they take alot of work a patience! its such lovely sch the sn child mix with rest of sch and the other children our really good to them! which is great building block for them for the future, lets hope sense rules !!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 19:37:21 »
Looking better Kym :).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal