Author Topic: Meet Twiggy  (Read 2173 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Meet Twiggy
« on: January 17, 2005, 14:00:39 »
After Hannibal's recent bloodletting, I noticed a cat needing a home while in the Vets. This is her. 8 months old, and named after the hedge in which she was found. Hope the other cats get on with her and she stays around.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Kerry

• Hectare
Re: Meet Twiggy
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 14:05:57 »
ohhhhhhh! she must know that she's landed on all 4 paws with you surely?! she's just like our Munchie cat. she does look very at home there, posing for the camera! so how many cats do you have Palustris?

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 18:49:48 »
Aaaawwww she's lovely Eric!! I take it she's just been spayed?

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 19:28:51 »
Kerry, we have 2 other cats, both getting a bit long in the tooth.
Elaine, yes she has been neutered, but she had already had a litter of kittens, probably after her first ever coming into season, poor mite.
The other cats have reacted in opposite ways. Hannibal has attacked and Mytton just went to sleep. Early days yet.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 18:32:48 »
Just wondered Eric, what do the birds in your life think of the cats?  Often toyed with the idea of keeping birdies but there is such a massive cat population where we live it has put me off.  I know your chooks look after themselves, the rat story springs to mind, but what about the ducks??

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 23:26:35 »
Can understand how you were tempted, Eric - she is a lovely girl and lucky too to have found you!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 00:57:18 »
WOW Eric

Fabcat, those markings are spectacular... really are something.. yummy cat and hope she stays... heres a wee link I have found for us cat peeps.. tis good site hope peeps like it..

http://www.fabcats.org/

bet if u study/look/examine the back of the cats head and look close at the markings... bet it looks like another cat staring back?  fantastic looking cat eric

Ozzy

heres the edit cus i dindt wanna say but remembered JO's name now lol.. Jo aka legless has these cats that swim??? turkish they are.. and will try find thread to post link... they is well worth another look... and if u read this Jo by anychance? tis the grand prix soon goood o lol  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:14:05 by Ozzy »

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 10:10:54 »
Emma J, the ducks are even more aggressive towards the cats than the hens. Mytton is now very rarely outside at all, except for toilet and if the birds are even in sight she turns round and comes back in. Hannibal sneaks past, but is very very wary of them.
Neither cat has shown much interest in bird hunting, they bring mice etc. to show us but hide when they have caught the occasional bird. The sparrows etc. do not seem to care about Hannibal. He sits on the fence and they sit within easy leap of him without either side taking much notice of the other.
Nice links Oz!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 21:59:11 »
Beautiful cat Eric, I love the expression on her face, and what lovely markings she has :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal