Author Topic: Dulce hiding  (Read 1825 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dulce hiding
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:45:21 »
Thought we had solved the problem of Dulce coming here by shutting the cat flap, but forgot about the open windows.
Saw a lump by the spare bed (Charlie's bed) sorry about the hairs but I do wash my fleece, or his fleece.
My son's new partner lost her cat 2 years ago, it disappeared and we were only talking about it the other day and she has now got a new kitten and a dog (which she has always had).  Anyway they got a telephone call from the vet who said he had the cat (it had been chipped) and they went to fetch it.  Then it ran off again, and the woman who has been feeding it for 6 months rang up and they have to pick it up again tomorrow.  The woman doesn't want it.  It had not been neutered and is a male, and has gone a bit wild, but is very big (so I am told).  Apparently you can't have a cat neutered until it is 6 months, they will get it done now so hopefully it will calm down.  They live near fields so it can ran off and go to its adopted home, so I don't know how many times they will have to collect it, have to keep it in for 3 weeks. Good idea to get them chipped, although my cats have never been but if I got a kitten would get it chipped and also take out pet insurance, a bit late now for Charlie not a bad cat for 19 yrs although he moans a lot.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
Re: Dulce hiding
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:46:36 »
The cat sounds a reall charactor. You can have a cat neutered younger tha 6 months old. My Jassie was done at 4 months as he was a big boy and had to have surgery on his mouth so the vet said hed neuter him at the same time. Poor Jassie had a sore mouth and a sore........! Ragdoll breeders are now neutering and speying their cats at 16 weeks as their are people who buy them to use as breeding machines which isnt right.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal