Author Topic: Homebrew??  (Read 1501 times)

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
Homebrew??
« on: March 03, 2011, 21:31:37 »
Does anyone on the forum make homebrew?

I started around six weeks ago and have four bitters and a batch of wine on the go.

Ahh.....just found the drinking section......sorry.  :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 21:37:40 by MickW »

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Homebrew??
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 21:41:47 »
I would be pretty desperate if I had to drink that stuff. I tried it once but I kept falling over ;D

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 21:52:31 »
I would be pretty desperate if I had to drink that stuff. I tried it once but I kept falling over ;D

Its not all super strong Ace, there are thousands of kits these days many of which replicate our great real ales.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 21:56:46 »

is that what started your knees off  ACE ?   ;D ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:08:54 »

Its not all super strong Ace, there are thousands of kits these days many of which replicate our great real ales.

I am not a great fan of real ale, there are times when I look forward to have had enough. I get a lot of stick from my mates for drinking lager, being a folk performer and also a morris dancer in a previous life, I should be holding a foaming pint of ferrets fart, finger in my ear and wearing an arran sweater ;D Give me a bland lager anytime which is so cheap to buy in tescos etc, it ain't worth the hassle to brew my own.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:26:40 »
I brew 30 bottle wine kits and have been doing it regularly for two or three years.  The kits these days are so much nicer than they were in my student days and they make perfectly acceptable wine.  Havent done a beer kit since I tried to make some Dogbolter 20 years ago...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 21:17:58 »
I brew 30 bottle wine kits and have been doing it regularly for two or three years.  The kits these days are so much nicer than they were in my student days and they make perfectly acceptable wine.  Havent done a beer kit since I tried to make some Dogbolter 20 years ago...

I have just raked my first ever 30 bottle, 7 day wine kit.....one for the MRS.  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal