Author Topic: Free manure on ebay  (Read 2809 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Free manure on ebay
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:50:06 »
Just a reminder, and to let any newbies know, there are a lot of ads on ebay giving manure away for free if you are prepared to collect. Do an advanced search and put in your postcode to find one near you.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Free manure on ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 20:27:47 »
also check out the sites where your local green waste is taken as they usualy give away free soil improver you just have to collect :)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 17:41:12 »
also check out the sites where your local green waste is taken as they usualy give away free soil improver you just have to collect :)

We have to pay for ours.... but at 28 quid a ton I can bear that.... with a minibus (minus seats) and an 8x4 trailer using 3 builders dumpy bags in each as load liners I've managed to get 800Kg of it loaded in one go before it became too much of an issue shovelling to that height :-) That was an awful lot of compost too..... I'll probasbly get a load later on this year to use on the plots, but as I can get free manure it'll probably be reserved for carrot/parsnip areas and as a mix in for the GH veg...

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 20:27:59 »

Not ours- it all goes to local farmers. >:(

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 21:21:46 »
Just ordered mine.  £35 a load.  Believe I can get it free from city farms but the cost of collection etc.........

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 21:25:12 »
its free if you bag it yourself if you want it delivered it was £10 for a skip full now i think its £20 I was going to do this when i have my raised beds built and have a couple of the local teenaged boys help me barrow it in.

There all saving for there driving lessons and looking for odd jobs :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal