Author Topic: beer and slug  (Read 2050 times)

ipt8

• Hectare
beer and slug
« on: March 02, 2011, 20:39:01 »
I  have acquired from  freecycle a pressure barrel. I plan to use slug traps bated with  beer. I am thinking ginger beer, spruce beer (from shoot tips) and elderflower champagne. Of course I may just drink some of the beer as well.
 :P
In the past I have just done the beer in a large bucket and then bottled it.
My question is, do I just do the same and then put it in the pressure barrel ??? Is it neccesary to use a gas cartridge in the pressure barrel or not ???
I will be bating several slug traps on the allotment and in a large polytunnel so thought this would be a good way of going about it.
What do you think?

rugbypost

• Hectare
Re: beer and slug
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 20:49:26 »
Your local throws out more everyday than maybe you need ask local barman  will he tip waste into a covered bucket no harm in asking if he asks for payment those slugs may come in handy ;D ;D
m j gravell

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 19:28:34 »
You can get a decent fizzy brew after doing the big brew in a barrel by adding a bit of sugar to each bottle when you fill it.

Half to a whole teaspoon full will be enough. Then you need to leave it a week or more for the lot to 'secondary ferment', Settle and clear.

If nothing else, It will cure constipation.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 19:49:47 »
I find they (slugs) prefer the cheapest beers.. 2L polypins of Trent Bitter was a firm favourite..  :)

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 19:50:15 »
We've found a bit of gas does help! ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal