Author Topic: Got myself a new plot!  (Read 1893 times)

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
Got myself a new plot!
« on: February 24, 2011, 17:21:09 »
Hi All,

Just sharing my good news! - after a few years working my current plot, I've been given a new (half) plot at a posher site just up the road from me. I've been on the waiting list for somewhere between 4 - 5 years and its quite an achievement to get into this site in such a short amount of time! (I had given up hope as I'd been told it was a case of 'dead man's shoes' to get in there).

It'll be sad to leave my old plot especially after all the hundreds of hours of work, but the old site does suffer from a fair bit of vandalism due to its location. In comparison, the new site is in fairly posh area and has houses etc nearby. From what I can gather, they seem to have much less hassle from little toe-rags, so I'm well chuffed.

I've uploaded a few pics into my gallery if anyone fancies a bit of a nosey at them.

;D
Sheddie
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Got myself a new plot!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 18:29:56 »
Excellent news... happy digging...  :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 18:36:35 »
Oh..very good.. ;D..but saying you are getting half a plot..does this mean that you are down sizing too? :-\ Maybe you need to keep your name on that list for the other half ;)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 18:45:10 »

Looks a nice bit of ground, happy digging, :)

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 21:03:46 »
Hi guys,

thanks for the congrats! - and yes, I'm downsizing initially but the sec at the new site has mentioned several times that he thinks one or two full size plots will become vacant in April when the rents are due, so hopefully may get a full size one yet.

Obviously if that happens, then I'll have broken the back of this half plot only to move to another - but hey ho, worth it to get my foot in the door to be honest!

Sheddie
 ;D
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 21:17:54 »
Congrats! That looks a fair size for a half plot?!

Happy digging  ;D

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 21:30:26 »
Cheers 1066,

I thought that too - 225 square metres I think the contract said, haven't got it to hand as I had to post it back to the council - not sure what the norm is though?!

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:03:12 »
I don't think there is a norm, it seems to vary from site to site. We do ours in Rods, usually 5 or 10. However mine is officially 8, but it goes into the corner which hasn't bean measured and its actually more like 10 rod

Anyway, whatever you have it looks good  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal