Author Topic: hottest yet  (Read 2969 times)

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
hottest yet
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:43:42 »
this might be of interest to those who have fewer taste buds than the rest of us 

the hottest chilli yet 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12505344

cjb02

• Half Acre
Re: hottest yet
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:34:14 »
I hate to say this but the bit at the bottom made me smile almost chuckle ;-)

"Earlier this week Nick Martin decided to try one of his Infinity Chillies.

"I actually ate one yesterday. It was one I'd had frozen from last year - so I thought it wouldn't be as hot as if it was fresh - and I thought I'd try it.

"It was all a bit worrying. The burn on my tongue lasted half an hour and the effects went on and on. At one point I was doubled over in pain and thinking about ringing the hospital.

"The worst was over by 11 o'clock, but it wasn't funny."

CJB

Joe11

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:52:34 »
Yea read about this when i woke up, that bit made me smile too cjb. Wonder if seed will be available  ;D

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 22:55:23 »
It's a seven pot/pod chilli if you want seeds it was "renamed" by a sauce maker and there's quite a bit of fuss about it at the moment.
That said you've got to be brave to eat one!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 16:55:17 »
Having just blown my head off with some home grown chillies in a beef and noodle dish, could somebody explain the point of it.  I feel my dinner was ruined and basically inedible.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 17:15:33 »
There does seem little point to some of these super hot ones.

I grew Dorset Naga last year and they were too hot - like Ace I ruined a good meal.  I decided to sauce them with loads of toms and made a few bottles of nice, hot chili sauce and even then I am getting through it very slowly..

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 20:36:11 »
I grew some naga jolokia last year.  Don't know what I did wrong but they've turned out less hot than my ring of fire.  Grown from Simpson's Seeds. ???  Wouldn't touch the Infinity chilli with a barge pole.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:54:15 »
I doubt I would cook or even grow these but I do like a hottish chilli but taste is very subjective and personal and there are people who can eat them  :o and there is that funny and well known Simpsons episode where Homer is so addicted to chilli he begins to hallucinate on them and this is actually true, chilli can induce hallucinations so growing these hot varieties to their nth degree could possibly have a purpose in medicinal circles as a pain reliever/distraction in the same way the opiates are used

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 17:50:45 »
I've got a few Naga Jolokia in this year, but I plan on selling them at a car boot to idiots who are impressed by the "Worlds Hottest" tag.... Give me Cayenne any day of the week.... :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal