Author Topic: REQUEST Ladies  (Read 1663 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
REQUEST Ladies
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:15:14 »
 Can you help? i had a perm about 6wks ago & my hair is like a " Brillo pad " dreadfull have you any tips as to what i can use to get some life back into it.  I have had condition treatment twice at the hairdressers but after a couple of days it is dry again.
Any help appreciated. Thank you.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: REQUEST Ladies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:48 »
Oh dear, dear.. :-\ You can only make it look a bit better but unfortunately damage is done.
As much as hairdressers try to sell these 'deep' treatments..they are not any better than stuff you get off from shop shelfs ::)
Use a shampoo that is meant for dry and damaged hair and conditioner to go with it..and I would recommend to use conditioner after every shampoo.
Hair outside the scalp is dead stuff so any contioner is only going to do same job as filler on cracks on walls.
Personally I like Aussie shampoos and conditioners..bit pricey but not as much as in hairdresses..and if you go into Wilko's for some seeds..they do the Aussie stuff and some cheaper copy version of it ;)..just as good.. ;D
I would try some leave-in type conditioner..those sorts are good too for brillo's...
Other than finding a product that works for you there is not much else you can do than let it grow and give it a bit of a chop..

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 14:21:45 »
Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Shave it.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 14:31:46 »
Many years ago in my teens I had my first perm which went frizzy and my hair was like wire.   My mother put olive oil on at night and I washed it out in the morning.  It did work.  Since then I am very careful to ask for a mild perm.
Have you had a problem before?

Blue Butterfly

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 14:40:13 »
  Hahahahaha, Samantha ;D ;D ;D
 Good life, i shall try the Aussie shampoo & conditioner thanks. I am booked in to hairdressers tomorrow to have it cut,  ( not shaved Sammy)
 Tomatoada,  years ago i had a problem when my girls were at school, Samantha took a photo when i first woke up i looked like i had a guards busby on  :o :o they thought it was Hilarius, since then up until now it has always been OK i think the perm was to strong.
I hate how it looks so i am having it all cut.  back to the drawing board ;D.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 14:40:49 »
I know its a bit late now but did they test your hair first...it should not be in such bad condition,Id be complaining to the hairdresser if twas me
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal