Author Topic: Stolen taps and water charges  (Read 2184 times)

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
Stolen taps and water charges
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:20:50 »
Last week we recieved a notice that due to last years water usage that our rent will be increasing this year by 6p per square foot  >:(   Think my plot is about 600 square foot so not too happy about that.

To make matters worse, 3 taps and pipes were stolen in the same week from the driveway that 8 of us are on.

Paying for water that we can not get  >:(

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Re: Stolen taps and water charges
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:30:28 »
 :o  :o  :o

My plot is 300 sq yards.  Thats 2,700 sq ft.  So for me it would be an increase of £162.  Can that be right?

Are you on a rice field?

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:00:04 »
Dandytown, is that the plot in your blog? Looks a lot more than 600 Sq ft.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:16:30 »
So how many plots on the site and how much was the water bill?....

Only 24 plots on our site with 4 taps.Our water bill for the site was less than I pay at home!!!

What do you get for your £162?
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:46:09 »
I agree, that plot looks to be bigger than 20' x 30', are you thinking yards rather than feet DT?  Even 6p per square yard is expensive at 1.80/pole for water, but it is in the right ballpark - £16-odd per pole is ridiculous.

There are limits on how much notice the council must give for a rent increase, and sometimes the tenancy agreement doesn't even allow it.  If you're interested in challenging it perhaps you could post the notice telling you about the increase, and the tenancy agreement too.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:40:13 »
We have about 68 plots on 2 sites, most are active and we have unregulated use of the water.  So lots of sprinklers and flood irrigation on the go all day  :(.  The bill for the site is about £800 pa - remember, you are just paying for the water, not drains or sewage like on a domestic bill.

So it's hard to se how they could justify a rent increase of more than about £10 per plot based on water usage.

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 12:09:35 »
Well, I think I need both glasses and more sleep.

You are right, my plot is 600 square yards and the increase is 6p per square yard.  I also must have read it wrong as my rent is usually £63 a year and has only increased to £75 so the water increase must have been to 6p and not by 6p.

Overall I am quite happy now.

Must take 'attention to detail' off of my CV and maybe all the over fictitious stuff 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal