Author Topic: B+Q Bargain propagator  (Read 2041 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
B+Q Bargain propagator
« on: March 05, 2011, 19:15:20 »
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=0000003663882&x=0&y=0

It's only 8W, so probably not up to the hotter chilli's and a bit marginal for aubergines, but should crack most everything else that would normally get a heated prop.....lets face it you'll struggle to get a decent gravel tray for much less than a quid and a tall rigid lid is normally a fiver these days....... I've just got two , taking my propagator collection to 8 (well four singles and two doubles)..... wierdly in the shop the shelf price was 13.98, but when scanned at the till the lower price came up, leaving me well chuffed......

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Re: B+Q Bargain propagator
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:37:05 »
I umm'ed and ah'ed about buying these last year as one will never be enough so you could be looking at a significant spend.

Then I bought a double one at the end of last season from Wilkos for £14 and already it has been wonderful for starting seeds off ..... 

So here I go again: ummmmmm, ahhhhhhhhhhh  ::)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 13:45:16 »
I bought one of these today to add to the two I already have.  I raised all my chillis tomatoes and aubergines successfully in them but I am using them indoors and not a cold greenhouse.  In our B&Q it has a label saying its on special offer!

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 16:25:25 »
^^ Stop it  :'(

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 16:45:12 »