Author Topic: Mildish fleshy chilli wanted  (Read 2928 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Mildish fleshy chilli wanted
« on: January 26, 2011, 22:50:24 »
Can anyone recommend a fleshy but not too hot chilli? I'm on the lookout for one to grow this year. I still have masses of chillies from last year but they are long and very thin, almost no flesh at all and are extremely hot. A couple of seeds would be appreciated too.

Tricia

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Re: Mildish fleshy chilli wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:06:27 »
Inferno - it's large, the size of a sweet pepper, fleshy, and has a good flavour. I grow them outside but sheltered, they don't get to the "blow your head off" stage for me, but I prefer flavour to intense heat. Unfortunately I don't have any seeds to give, but they are commonly available.

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:59:06 »
Hungarian hot wax fit the description not sure if I have any seeds left or not? If I have I'll let you know!

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 15:58:14 »
I grew Meek & Mild (Poblano) chilli last year - mild, fleshy (bit like a smallish bell pepper), quite prolific (under glass). Got them from T&M - occasionally they waive P&P if you keep an eye on their website.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 17:52:30 »
Anaheim?... Also Inferno and the Numex varieties like Big Jim..... I'm growing all of these this year to have a grow-off to see if I can get some suitable for stuffing with cream cheese to eat raw.... you can also do it with Calabrese chillis

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 21:47:16 »
Thanks for all the suggestions - have decided to give chillies a pass this year after all. Chriscross - I just love the peppadew chilli, deseeded and stuffed with cream cheese - fabulous!

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal