Author Topic: Have greenhouse frame, but no glass!  (Read 1744 times)

PeterVV

• Half Acre
Have greenhouse frame, but no glass!
« on: January 09, 2011, 18:27:07 »
Is there any way I can cover it ( obviously minus the door), with any alternatives?It would cost an arm and a leg to get glass cut to fill it.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Re: Have greenhouse frame, but no glass!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 18:31:34 »
well i use the plastic that my sofa and fridge were wrapped in to make cold frames , or you could have a look at the plastic bottle greenhouses you might be able to load them onto canes and then slot the canes into the frame.

My own greenhouse is a polycarbonate have you checked out how much it would cost to fit this rather than glass?

good luck with it
x sunloving

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 18:40:01 »
You can buy builders damp course plastic very strong they sell the tape as well couple of names for you ,                       Megatradestore .com   scaffolding direct.co.uk off these i bought my covers for my brassicas it was  a good price but you could wrap the whole green house in clear plastic it should cost you about £40 and last you 10 years or more and you will have some spare hope this helps  Rugbypost
m j gravell

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 19:03:24 »
How ironic we have just bought a second hand one with only 12 panes of glass and was looking at alternatives to use instead of glass to keep costs down and also the safety issue as its going into the garden and i have a 1 yr old and 2 yr old and lots of footballs!!
we are looking at polycarbonate sheets and the plastic rolls the seem the better options to us at the minute

Joanne

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal