Author Topic: A moose loose  (Read 2264 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
A moose loose
« on: January 08, 2005, 23:17:10 »
Tonight while we were watching the TV our two cats and the dog both started scratching and pawing the area around our unit which houses the Hi fi and the TV.  At first we thought perhaps some of the cat's Christmas treats might have fallen down in between the spaces or we had a big spider down there (not unusual), but they just wouldn't let up.

Eventually I got the torch and  got the surprise of my life (I am afraid I even screamed, how girly is that),  as there to the side of the hi fi was a little mouse.  He/she was so cute.  My husband made a little cardboard trap, he even put a cellophane window in so we could see him when he was caught.  About 20 minutes ago the little mouse made his move and scurried towards the sitting room curtains followed closely by Rachel the cat and James the cat.  My husband got out his little box and bingo the mouse was trapped.  I think he must have come in from the garden while we had the door open for the dog.  Husband took him up the street to a spare bit of land and let him go. Can't help feeling sorry for him (the mouse) as it is a raw night with hail and a biting cold wind.  Not as nice as being beside our nice warm telly.  However cute he was, hope he hasn't left any of his relatives behind.  The cat and the dog are now doing a recce round our sitting room.   :D busy_lizzie 
live your days not count your years

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: A moose loose
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 23:40:27 »
Well now, I can relate to that! 2 nights ago hubby called me to say we had a visitor on the landing! After many a wize crack (or so I thought) from me, ie: shall I lay an extra place for breccie as we have a guest, are they trying to break out the guniea pigs/ and does it have a grappling iron? (cos they are inside for the winter) we finally trapped the wee mousie, he/she is now in the next county deposited by hubby in his way to work! I said had he noticed a mouse on the side of the road with a board with our towns name on it?!!!! This is the 2nd one in 2 weeks!!! :o  :o Though I personally think it was living in our teenage (OMG I can't possibly tidy up my room) teenage daughter's bedroom! errr  she actually tidied her bedroom today after the incident!!!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 09:53:43 »
So - you got me here under false pretences??

Really thought that one of my cousins was in trouble!! = Tim

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 12:53:39 »
Wahahaha  Tim!  :D  :D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal