Author Topic: New neighbour  (Read 1663 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
New neighbour
« on: January 02, 2011, 13:04:33 »
Went to the allotment yesterday for the first time since before Xmas.  Saw the 14 tons of stable manure, seemed to be a lot of straw but didn't collect any (yet).  Met my new allotment neighbour who has taken on a third of Margaret's old plot.  Manuel's plot has also been split, due to demand.  Very pleasant man, who had already dug half the plot and got rid of enormous bramble roots.  Told him about the pear tree and that I had some of them last year as the plot wasn't taken, and he said I could still have plenty next year. He even offered to do some digging for me. Told him to take a photograph, which he did on his phone, so he can look back on what it was like.  Said his wife had already gone through the seed catalogue and marked all the vegs. she wants him to grow.  Told him about this site, but don't know if he will join, as he said he was getting conflicting advice from different plot holders.  My advice was stick it in and hope for the best (not the best advice) but works for me.  Met a couple of my allotment friends so nice to have a chat, found the ground very easy to dig, but got wet/cold feet so didn't stay too long.  It is good to see that the uncultivated plots are being taken, especially by nice/keen people.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: New neighbour
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 14:57:15 »
lets hope they last longer than Mr Swift!!
You couldn't make it up!

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 17:25:04 »
lets hope they last longer than Mr Swift!!

And harvest some crops....

A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:27:22 »
Or publish a book, ::)  the cheeky bugger.....

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:50 »
Language Tone, don't mention the  S  word, ;)  good luck with the new neighbours Borlotti, we have about four newbies, I've met a couple and they seem OK. My next plot neighbour Sid is giving up his big plot next to mine and keeping his smaller one opposite, so they'll split his plot, I hope I have a couple of good uns.  :-\   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal