Author Topic: Waiting list of zero in South Manchester (Urmston)  (Read 5252 times)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
Waiting list of zero in South Manchester (Urmston)
« on: November 28, 2010, 17:42:22 »
Due to many of our plots being split into half plots we now have a waiting list that is empty! If you are looking for a plot in Urmston, Trafford then this could be a good opportunity to get one relatively quickly! All of our plots have tennants, but it is the first in a very long time that we haven't had a huge waiting list!

http://www.granvilleparkallotments.org.uk/

gp.girl

• Hectare
Re: Waiting list of zero in South Manchester (Urmston)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 17:51:41 »
Well done, hopefully they will all turn up :)
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 18:05:20 »
It's the same at Walsall Road in Birmingham.  I have split plots and recently the council made another seven plots on the grassed areas.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 18:21:08 »
im ok for a plot ta sparkly,but i do like the sound of your curry social night?  ;)
nice website!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 18:59:45 »
Not looking for an allotment in manchester it's a bit far to drive. ;D

I do like your section on weeds.  Some people on our site are having a real problem with weeds. 

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 19:56:05 »
The web site looks very professional, and the gardens!!!Still amazed your waiting list is zero. I only let out half plots now, but still have a huge waiting list. I find about 1 out of 5 on the waiting list actually go on the have a plot and 1 in 3 of them turn out to be good gardeners. ::)

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 20:10:43 »
We have had a waiting list of 15+ for quite a while. Just had about 5 or 6 people leaving recently and with those plots split the list went down. Thanks for the comments re: the website  ;D

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 21:16:57 »
I've been splitting plots into 2, or even 3, for the past three years. And I've still got a waiting list that goes into two figures and grows weekly. Three years ago we had sixty-something members: now we have 93!

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 21:35:04 »
we are at 63 now,and have a half plot available,been trying to get in touch with the top three names,no reply to my messages yet,such a waste of my time but seems to be the nature of the beast these days. i remember getting our call to be offered a plot and replied right away as we knew how lucky we were!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

picman

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 21:47:01 »
I think making smaller plots idea is a good one,  our 4.5M x 30M are a bit daunting for starters i will suggest it at our next committee meet, only trouble council don't have a rent rate for a smaller plot , (already suggested). like your weeds article I am going to distribute copies to some of our plotholders , shame you don't have more pictures on your www site. I like a good nose ! :D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 22:48:00 »
Due to many of our plots being split into half plots we now have a waiting list that is empty! If you are looking for a plot in Urmston, Trafford then this could be a good opportunity to get one relatively quickly! All of our plots have tennants, but it is the first in a very long time that we haven't had a huge waiting list!

If you have empty plots with no waiting lists - what about offering long standing tenants the opportunity of a second half.  (Only those who have a half plot, not available to those who already  have a full plot.) 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 15:25:22 »
That's current policy on our site, even with a waiting list. Plotholders with a half plot who have proved their worth have priority over the waiting list. When a plot becomes vacant I always ask the neighbours if they are interested. (Only a few have taken up the offer.)

And I'm constantly offering those with more than a half-plot the opportunity to downsize.

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 16:01:47 »
I think making smaller plots idea is a good one,  our 4.5M x 30M are a bit daunting for starters i will suggest it at our next committee meet, only trouble council don't have a rent rate for a smaller plot , (already suggested). like your weeds article I am going to distribute copies to some of our plotholders , shame you don't have more pictures on your www site. I like a good nose ! :D

Thanks the site is still under development really. I aim to get a load more photographs over the next season, which I can take on our site.  ;D The really weedy plot on the article was my plot when I first took it on!!  ;D

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 16:07:28 »

If you have empty plots with no waiting lists - what about offering long standing tenants the opportunity of a second half.  (Only those who have a half plot, not available to those who already  have a full plot.) 

We don't have any empty plots at the moment; just no huge waiting list.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal