Author Topic: Double trouble  (Read 2424 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Double trouble
« on: November 26, 2010, 11:21:07 »
Dulce woke me up this morning by jumping on my bed, and yesterday I was on the computer upstairs and when I went down found Gabanna on the dining room table.  He seems to be getting over his operation OK.  Just chucked Dulce over the back fence and he tried to bite me.  If the owner finds out they both had been here, I will be in real trouble.  Luckily granddaughter came round after school and her screaming with excitment about making soup at school soon got rid of the cats, then Gabanna came back but OH soon dealt with him.  Dulce is back, well think I will go out and leave them to it.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Double trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 21:30:42 »
Just unlocked the cat flap so Charlie could go out and get in, and Dulce was there again.  Put him in the cat carrier and took him home, meowing all the way.  He went in, but man said 'don't bring him back every time, just keep him out of your house'.  When I got home Dulce was there again and now I have had to shut the cat flap so Charlie can't get in.  I would have thought being in the cat carrier would have put him off, or at least they would have said thank you and keep him in.  No food for cat today, even had to put Charlies food in the cupboard, but it still keeps coming.  Oh well, if I get arrested, I don't care, but when the snow comes will unlock the conservatory door so it can sleep there, but not in the house.  Didn't dare them that Gabanna (who got run over) was asleep on my table today.  I am a wicked woman.

Mahooli

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 08:51:46 »
If I were you then I would just leave it and keep the flap open, the cats know where they are going to be better cared for (unless of course it is causing trouble with your own cat. If you want to exclude them then consider investing in a microchip cat flap. These flaps only work with the microchip programmed into them so chip your cat, programme it into your flap and the only cat that (theoretically) can get in and out is yours!!!
There are different laws pertaining to cats because, unlike dogs, they are not seen as a persons property. A quick look around indicates that a cat has no 'owner' as is classed as a wild animal.
Becky

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 18:26:47 »
No wonder the cats prefer you, their owners sound like thoroughly unpleasant people.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 12:11:25 »
Dulce is back, eating Charlie's cat food.  He has left paw prints in the snow on the shed and on the wall and straight to the cat flap (evidence).  Well I am going shopping now and hopefully he will go home if I go out.  I have spent two days on cat alert, locking the cat flap and opening it for Charlie to get in and out.  That cat knows I am a soft touch and give in when he has been head butting the cat flap for hours. Will try the hoover, at least will have a clean carpet (he hates the hoover).

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 14:17:21 »
Update on the terrible twins.  Gabanna looks fine after his operation and just pops in to say hello, and eat any of Charlie's left over cat food if it is down.  He is a very nervous cat and doesn't stay long.  Dulce comes in more, but is a very clever cat, and knows that he has to go home (I hope) and watches me lock the cat flap so he is locked out, and has given up with the head butting,  but knows I open it at night for Charlie to go in and out.  No visits from the neighbours looking for them.  Not too sure if Dulce does go home or just sleeps in the garden under the plastic cover for OH's motorbike, but at least he is warm there. At least if they visit again I can say that I am locking their cat out, can't lock it out of the garden.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal