Author Topic: COLD PAYMENT  (Read 8265 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: COLD PAYMENT
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 19:35:58 »
When did his obvious delight at getting a bit of much needed extra cash become bragging? Something to share with your friends who will be Pleased for you?

We vaunt ourselves on A4A as being "a community", so let's be pleased that "Jim",  who I think is called Pete, has got some much-needed help with his fuel bills. It would be great if we all had loadsa dosh but until that happens let's be happy for those that do get a bit of extra help!

Well and said and I agree.  It's not bragging to state that some extra money had come in.  Maybe more of a 'hallelujah, finally!' Sheesh ::)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 21:01:33 »
Good on you mate, grateful for my £250 payment, was in credit, but it all evens out as I pay the same all year, and don't use the heating in the summer, only for hot water.  Not so cold here in London, but realise that it much colder elsewhere in the country.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 21:27:42 »
I do not care if you worked for 5  50 or 500 years. But if what you say is your pension then it is not a full one.

Purple Heather, as stated previously, the full state pension with a pension credit is only £132.60. 
See:http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/StatePension/DG_188551

Jim states that he gets £130.  He may get an extra £2.60 or maybe they take something off his pension perhaps for an overpayment last year.   Whatever he gets it is a very small amount to live on and I am delighted he gets help in the form of a cold weather payment.

Purple Heather, if your income is less than Jim's, why are you not receiving the pension credit? 

Where I do disagree with anyone receiving a pension credit is when they have previously had money and then spent it.  Someone I know separated from her husband twenty years ago, got several thousand pounds from her house sale and then spent it all touring the World.  When it came to her retirement she had no savings left, no works pension and has to rely on benefits.  That is unfair. 

When did his obvious delight at getting a bit of much needed extra cash become bragging? Something to share with your friends who will be Pleased for you?

We vaunt ourselves on A4A as being "a community", so let's be pleased that "Jim",  who I think is called Pete, has got some much-needed help with his fuel bills. It would be great if we all had loadsa dosh but until that happens let's be happy for those that do get a bit of extra help!

Well spoken Grawrc. 

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 22:02:18 »
valmarg  i live on £135.18 a week pension after 50 years working
i pay gas  , electric ,council tax, t/v licence  ... not a lot left for food

AND I DONT CLAIM BENEFITS
jimtheworzel

Lucky you, my weekly income is £32.66.  Fortunately, OH's is slightly more.

To receive the cold weather payments you have to be in receipt of other benefits.

I assume as you don't claim them they are paid automatically. >:( >:(
valmarg

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 22:15:29 »
There is something quite repulsive going on in some of these posts,some begrudging others a cold weather payment.

Presume none of us too badly off in the scheme of things as we seem to be able to afford a computer and go on line,all which has to be paid for,not exactly a priority for
those who are obviously close to poverty.

Good luck to you Jim.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 22:28:17 »
thanks BETULA  for your post
while they slag me off  someone is left alone,  even them!

regards jim

gdman

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 22:32:13 »
The goverment would have us believe that anyone in reciept of benefits is a scrounger and probably a fraudster.
They can't really go wrong when people are prepared to promote that belief direcly or, indirectly.
Seems that it does'nt pay to share information of this kind anymore.

You can get Cold Weather Payments if you get Pension Credi and, if this is the case for Jim, good luck to him.

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 22:56:40 »
Wow - I thought I was on MSE then.

:o

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 11:14:34 »
Good luck to you Jimbo.   :P       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 11:57:29 »
I  am pleased that people who cannot afford it get cold weather payments.  I hope you are keeping warm Jim.

I am always pleased that someone gets something back from the government if they are entitled to it.  What concerns me is people who are not entitled to it or choose to have benefits rather than work.  But there are not enough jobs to go round at the moment, so it is impossible to expect people to do jobs which simply do not exist. 

I am not looking forward to my gas bill at all.  But thank goodness for thermal underwear.

PAULW

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 13:43:32 »

Lucky you, my weekly income is £32.66.  Fortunately, OH's is slightly more.

To receive the cold weather payments you have to be in receipt of other benefits.

I assume as you don't claim them they are paid automatically. >:( >:(
valmarg

[/quote]
I can only assume if this is all you are receiving you must have millions in the bank, to receive pension credit you are not allowed to have more than £8.000 in the bank ( I think it is even higher now) if you receive pension credit yu will automatically get the cold weather payment.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 14:58:37 »
I sometimes help people claim 'benefits' (?) ie, money to which they are entitled.

Sorry, can't provide a link, but would urge everyone over 60 reading this thread & who think they might qualify or who knows some who might, to please Google something like.."Pension Credit/Savings Credit" which should bring you to the relevant up-to-date Gov.site. There you can do an on-line calculation, and take it from there....

It's possible that a Savings Credit entitlement won't qualify you for the Cold Weather Payments, but it certainly will ensure that, if you have entitlement, you will get a weekly amount credited to your bank account and, as the ad. said........every little helps" ! Even a small amount might give you knock-on benefits, ie, reduced dental payments, etc.

And I want to stress that this money is an ENTITLEMENT (shouty caps used) and not a 'benefit'.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 16:14:14 »
 Jim, all the best to you, very pleased indeed you are getting cold weather payment.  Do not concern yourself with others that are making comments to you.
Just keep warm  s*d the moaners.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 16:23:41 »
Thanks for posting the link Anne 8) To keep this simple, please anyone, click in the Penson Credit pic of the lady on the rt, the one with the CAKE and the prezies?......she, unsettlingly, morphs into a fella, but the info is sound.....

And Rosebud is SO right, for me........keep warm, everyone .

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 16:45:01 »
Hurray for Rosebud, hurray for Jim.  What a nasty streak is appearing here, perhaps it is the after Christmas blues.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 17:02:37 »
Perhaps some people would prefer to return to the days of the 'workhouse'  ::). ::) ::)?

We probably all know of benefit cheats, frauds whatever you want to call them but then we must also acknowledge that there are cases that do not get what they are entitled to. Our SiL was assaulted & suffered a very severe head injury which almost killed him. As a result he needs a walking stick & as he is young, 41 but it happened 5 years ago, he is often accused of fiddling the DLA by using his stick. If only the doubters could see what a struggle every day is for him & our wonderful daughter.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 17:04:41 »
 AND HURRAY FOR BORLOTTI WHO'S BEEN SHARING HER WINTER WARMTH WITH THE TERRIBLE TWINS 8) ;D

Wanna  Nupdate on the TTs....

Pleeeeease?

:-*

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 17:24:10 »
3 cold weather payments so far, the cash is rolling in!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Whether it is right or wrong, the sentiment of this opening post is undeniably boastful, so don't get upset when people take it as it was intended.  Saying that they are spiteful or nasty is frankly deluded.
Best laid plans and all that

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 17:39:26 »
Yes, but if you knew Jim, you'd know that he wasn't boasting in the way some people might think and that he probably wishes everybody could have the same and more (and for the record, I don't think too many members saw it as boasting)

Ok, all together now Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya.  I'll be dishing out the marshmallows later.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal