Author Topic: cursed curser  (Read 1967 times)

ACE

• Hectare
cursed curser
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:01:44 »
When I am typing a reply or using the notepad and things my curser keeps jumping about which can be very tedious . Any ideas or cures?

betula

• Hectare
Re: cursed curser
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:30:46 »
Try clicking the compatability view just to the right of the search engine at the top of the screen.To the left of refresh on mine.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:18:26 »
Are you on a laptop ACE - often the touchpad can be accidentially touched by hand or sleeve when typing..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:12:37 »
I've sussed it. Dicky mouse, I use one instead of the touchpad and I unplugged it and hey presto, everything is ok again. I needed an excuse to go and get a wireless one. Which is the best?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:29 »
I use a Logitech wireless keybord and mouse combo, haven't had any probs so far!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

suemowat@dsl.pipex.com

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 20:09:28 »
I have two wireless mice. The one I use with the laptop is a Microsoft one where the USB bit that you plug into the laptop fits in the back of the mouse when not in use and turns it off. I have never had to change the battery in three years of use.

The one I use with the PC is a Logitech which has an on/off switch. If you switch it off when it's not in use the batteries last much much longer. With my previous one I seemed to be changing the battery every five minutes.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 20:15:12 »
I've got 2 Toshiba - 1 for the main PC & 1 for the laptop, the usb plug-in bit is only very tiny so it doesn't stick out so it can stay plugged in to the laptop all the time, & the mouse has a swich on the bottom

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal