Author Topic: Diabetic deserts  (Read 2305 times)

zigzig

• Acre
Diabetic deserts
« on: December 14, 2010, 21:31:31 »
I realise puddings are usually sweet and sugar based but would love to know from diabetics themselves what sweet treats they like or if they prefer not to have anything and use up their calorie allowance with savory foods.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Diabetic deserts
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 23:00:32 »
Have you looked on diabetesuk (in google) and it will list some with carb counts and analyses...   :-\

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 18:10:51 »
My diabetic friends seem to like a fruit yoghurt as a desert because it is hard to work out the sugar on so many things.

They are the biggest problem if you want to satisfy every one but at the same time they are the easiest solution because the are simply suited

Perhaps it is best to give them what they know they can have and accept their limitations and concentrate on the others.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 18:57:58 »
It is very difficult to find fruit yoghurt without sugar in it.  Irish is the only one I know of or of course adding your own fruit to plain.  Waitrose used to do a very nice fromage frais but it has long since disappeared.  My daughter is allergic to sucrose and it is very difficult finding sugarfree products.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal