Author Topic: Uses for sellophane?  (Read 2997 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Uses for sellophane?
« on: December 02, 2010, 15:00:12 »
As I  got an unexpected day off today, i've been writing my Christmas ca)rds and they were all Wrapped in sellophane. Rather than throw this in the bin, does anyone have any ideas (not necessarily garden-related) for recycling it?

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Re: Uses for sellophane?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 18:05:56 »
could use them as individual pot covers for tomato germination on the window ledge.

Dog poo bags? (for a small dog!!)

not sure disposable icing bags just cut the corner off?

good luck
x sunloving

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 07:03:14 »
As an ancient cake decorator I save my sleeves to do royal icing runouts. They peel off the cellophane easy and are a nice size for individual pieces. You can also make those pretty chocolate decorations by melting good cooking chocolate and putting it into small greaseproof bags. Cut a very small piece off the end of the bag and pipe your design onto the cellophane. Once set, they too peel off. For storing the chocolate shapes just leave them on the cellophane until ready to use.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 20:55:26 »
I have the same problem with loose tea packets - strong but small transparent bags, whatever they are made of.

I use them for groups of seed packets, eg beetroot, or radish, etc. Packed away into a box file with sticky labels on them.....

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 21:44:59 »
What a good idea artichoke!!

That will add to my paper bag stash- for the compost pot.
The carrier bag stash for bringing produce from the plot or the sales at the open day.
The small bag stash for when we walk next doors dog.
The good strong carrier bags you may one day need.
The really horrible bags for when we go litter picking.
Oh then theres the "fabric bags" that get thrown at work which are far too good to throw away.
And the proper shopping bags which we have bought so we don't need carrier bags.
And the blue boxes Sainsbury's sold a few years ago!!

Now where shall I keep that stash? ??? :-\ ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal